• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pic Of The Day 2

imschur

10 hours ago, shepp said:

My mom used to par boil them and make home made pot pie with them, sweet baby jesus that was good. 

Dude this winter you get that pellet gun out and shoot some of them, good eats

Par boil or Hasenpfeffer stew, mmm, mmm, mmm...

The rabbits are putting a hurt on our garden right now.  I told the wife we need to put them on the menu.  My dear wife (fish and egg eater, no meat) turned and agreed with me and said she would join in.  She's tried venison, pheasant, grouse, woodcock before...sold her on the 'locally sourced' and 'organic' angles!  Ha ha!  

To Sketch, you can't 'save' rabbits for later, over 80% of them die every year as they are simply food for everything else.  You can pretty much make them food for you and the same number will be back again next year.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Doodle said:

Par boil or Hasenpfeffer stew, mmm, mmm, mmm...

The rabbits are putting a hurt on our garden right now.  I told the wife we need to put them on the menu.  My dear wife (fish and egg eater, no meat) turned and agreed with me and said she would join in.  She's tried venison, pheasant, grouse, woodcock before...sold her on the 'locally sourced' and 'organic' angles!  Ha ha!  

To Sketch, you can't 'save' rabbits for later, over 80% of them die every year as they are simply food for everything else.  You can pretty much make them food for you and the same number will be back again next year.

well i havent seen any in my neighborhood          ( housing development has pushed them out of their feilds) since i moved in 15 years ago.. they are abundant now so maybe a taste test is on the menu.. thanks.  my girls will hate me but ill do them a no thank you bite.. if they dont like it ill eat the whole thing myself! 

2 hours ago, sketch said:

well i havent seen any in my neighborhood          ( housing development has pushed them out of their feilds) since i moved in 15 years ago.. they are abundant now so maybe a taste test is on the menu.. thanks.  my girls will hate me but ill do them a no thank you bite.. if they dont like it ill eat the whole thing myself! 

Don't tell them what it is, just serve it to them. ?

Oh and don't forget those rabbit and squirrel hearts, those are good eaten. Just make sure they are rinsed real well and not full of blood.

3 hours ago, sketch said:

I wouldn’t “hunt” them till the winter months

49 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Don't tell them what it is, just serve it to them. ?

Oh and don't forget those rabbit and squirrel hearts, those are good eaten. Just make sure they are rinsed real well and not full of blood.

Duck hearts tongues and gizzards too

My grandma would simmer the squirrel in a pot of gravy all day then serve it. I pulled the head out of the pot once with its little squirrel teeth and face looking at me. She said that was hers and broke the head open to eat the brains. Damn hillbillies will eat anything.

Racoon and groundhogs were on the menu also.

Edited by Lve2fsh
Add stuff

On 7/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, shepp said:

What kinda coon ass are you?!? Bet I could slip hearts and gizzards in somthing and you wouldn’t know

Not from here originally. Besides, I'm an American. I don't have to eat bugs, vermin or weeds and think it's gourmet. I'll take my beef steak any day!:hornet: