• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, 98Z5V said:

One MILLION rounds per minute...

Yeah. I heard about these guys about 10 years ago. They were based in Australia with some offices here in the DC area (to try and sell to the US Military). They were bought out ( a hostile take-over)  about 2 or so years ago. I know that because I had bought stock in the company.....and eventually lost my ass in it.

But they were always working on some pretty cool weapons technology. That's what drew me to them in the first place. An acquaintance of mine that worked with DHS (he was a former Ranger), had also told me of some pretty impressive engagements that had used their technology also. Long story short, A gunship flying overhead of an engagement area, swinging the guns downward while pinging the dogtags (yes, they have a chip in them) of our boys,  and only firing on the enemy combatants.

But they were making all kinds of VERY, COOL $HIT also. Try and find some stuff on their Redback system. Using pretty cool. "smart"/"stacked" munitions.

And all sorts of other stuff too. They were bought out (taken over) by DefendTex.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

A gunship flying overhead of an engagement area, swinging the guns downward while pinging the dogtags (yes, they have a chip in them) of our boys,  and only firing on the enemy combatants.

Dogtags don't have a chip in them, but Rangers wear Glint tape.  Gunships paint the engagement area with an infrared spotlight, and the Glint tape shines bright as fukk in the gunner's targeting camera, individually - and he doesn't shoot the bright spots. 

Needed to get that part out - because dogtags don't have chips in them, and targeting isn't done on dogtags.  Sorry, brother.  :thumbup:

A 1"x1" square of Glint tape makes you safe.  Sew it into the top of your patrol cap, onto the upper portion of a uniform top sleeve, whatever makes you feel that the gunship will see you.  

That's why all the cool-guy tactical baseball hats have velcro on the top of them - to attach your Glint tape.

combat%20Baseball%20Cap%20Velcro%20Attac

SKD.201-3.jpg

Airsoft-Tactical-Adjustable-Baseball-Cap

Edited by 98Z5V

46 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Dogtags don't have a chip in them, but Rangers wear Glint tape.  Gunships paint the engagement area with an infrared spotlight, and the Glint tape shines bright as fukk in the gunner's targeting camera, individually - and he doesn't shoot the bright spots. 

Needed to get that part out - because dogtags don't have chips in them, and targeting isn't done on dogtags.  Sorry, brother.  :thumbup:

A 1"x1" square of Glint tape makes you safe.  Sew it into the top of your patrol cap, onto the upper portion of a uniform top sleeve, whatever makes you feel that the gunship will see you.  

That's why all the cool-guy tactical baseball hats have velcro on the top of them - to attach your Glint tape.

Do the battalions still have their own shape cat eye reflectors?

6 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Do the battalions still have their own shape cat eye reflectors?

Last RSOP I saw did.

Somewhere in a box, I've still got a 50ft roll of black Glint tape. That was the shiit, when the black stuff came out, and you didn't have to use the silver tape.  One dude told me that the roll of it was xxx-thousands of dollars.  I have no idea how much the shiit cost, but I know it was hard to get ahold of... 

EDIT - Just now realized that, as of April Fools Day this year, 1 Apr 2017, I've been retired for ten fuckin' years.  Holy shiit...

Edited by 98Z5V

12 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Yeah. I heard about these guys about 10 years ago. They were based in Australia with some offices here in the DC area (to try and sell to the US Military). They were bought out ( a hostile take-over)  about 2 or so years ago. I know that because I had bought stock in the company.....and eventually lost my ass in it.

But they were always working on some pretty cool weapons technology. That's what drew me to them in the first place. An acquaintance of mine that worked with DHS (he was a former Ranger), had also told me of some pretty impressive engagements that had used their technology also. Long story short, A gunship flying overhead of an engagement area, swinging the guns downward while pinging the dogtags (yes, they have a chip in them) of our boys,  and only firing on the enemy combatants.

But they were making all kinds of VERY, COOL $HIT also. Try and find some stuff on their Redback system. Using pretty cool. "smart"/"stacked" munitions.

And all sorts of other stuff too. They were bought out (taken over) by DefendTex.

Not to stir the pot but a lot can change in ten years ;)

guy i know was selling surpus stuff and gun parts online. he got his kids a huge box of mil glow sticks in there were inferred sticks and domes with glue backing that were like glow sticks but gave off no visible trace to the naked eye 

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, DNP said:

All I know is...there was ZERO beer involved. 

He MAY have been drinking horse piss...or MGD....whatever he calls it, but there was no beer. 

Call it what you want. But YOU still brought me a case of it last December. On ice no less. :laffs:

8 hours ago, sketch said:

98 you ever finish the trebuchet??

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!   :lmao:

It's not finished yet, but it damn sure will by by the FallShoot!  :banana: