Pic Of The Day 2

imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only surmise a drop from a C5 or a C17. My experience in air mobility with machinery was when Our USMC Reserve unit Hotel Battery 2nd Bn 14th Marines was loaded up in seven USAF C119 aircraft at Shephard AFB and transported to 29 Palms. We refueled in El Paso. I was in the seventh aircraft with my 3/4 ton MT mechanics truck with spare parts for the 6 deuce and half prime movers for the 6 gun 105 towed guns. I was the last man loaded and as a Corporal E4  was in charge of the 14 Marines and equipment abord the old flying boxcar. The rear cargo dors were deleted and I sat at the very edge of the ramp, probably never got over 1500' AFL . It was a blast watching the coyotes and deer scatter when we passed overhead. I had just got out of extended active duty, and joined the Reserve unit a week before summer camp. We went back to the old MT maintenance shop where I was released from active duty at 29 Palms, so I was the goto guy for the Battery CO and ExO.  (you know koolaid and sandwich runs, extra ammo etc., Ect.) When I was on active duty we went by convoy to San Diego and then LST for deployments. That Reserve unit was a really up to snuff bunch of cannon cockers. Their FDC unit  was all upper classmen college math and physics majors and they outshot their Regular Marine Host unit  counterparts.

Edited by mrmackc

Don't get a new tattoo like the one I got Friday:

411527557.jpg

used to fall and we had some bounce, doesn't work that way now, it friggin hurts. heal up and next time you need to go down the hill, lay down first and roll,,,you might hire some one to police your roll zone first tho

AMEN, I reckon you can't cure stupid.

I knew there was a hole somewhere on that slope, well I found it. Left knee twisted and BAM. Knee isn't as sore as the wrist and hand  that took most of the 270 pounds of falling bone and flesh. What was that formula for Energy?

mass times Velocity squared equals energy? Well what equals pain?

I think the formula is:

( mass squared) times (velocity squared) times (rapidity of stopping of the moving  body mass) Plus (the distance in millimeters squared) equals [OUCH factor]

True statement !

One of the biggest problems is the Libral bullpoopy that is driven into the thick skulls of our youths from preschool Thur college. The TV which molds people who cannot form an option of their own . Then there are the News networks which dish out servings of crap which benefit their sponsors it doesn't matter if its the truth. I won't even start on politicians who when elected have an open palm for legal bribes !

Done !

True statement !

One of the biggest problems is the Libral bullpoopy that is driven into the thick skulls of our youths from preschool Thur college. 

I went to college at 45, I knew it would be bad but really had no idea how far the brainwashing had gone. I did my best to spread the word to the kids, they didn't understand how I got away with challenging what the instructors were saying.........facts are facts and the Libs learned real fast I would beat them over the head with it if they tried to discount it. I managed to get one fired and two reprimanded for spouting bullschit opinion as fact, worth every dime I spent even if they couldn't teach me anything.