Pic Of The Day 2

imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The G-Wagen has locking diffs from the factory, and a locking transfer case.  Dodge, not so much, unless you buy the Powerwagon version.  That's why the Dodge was a one-wheel wonder in the burnout.  It was in 4 - the opposite front tire was burning out.  Toss lockers in those axles and repeat the test, and the Dodge will drag that little G-Wagen all over the place...

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The G-Wagen has locking diffs from the factory, and a locking transfer case.  Dodge, not so much, unless you buy the Powerwagon version.  That's why the Dodge was a one-wheel wonder in the burnout.  It was in 4 - the opposite front tire was burning out.  Toss lockers in those axles and repeat the test, and the Dodge will drag that little G-Wagen all over the place...

If that's the case then our 2000 Montero Sport could have done the same thing to the Dodge.

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I'm not a Dodge guy......but that's down right embarrassing (for that douche-bag), to lose to a land rover.

The Dodge driver is an idiot (fool),and his dad will be pissed off when he sees this on the internet when his friends are laughing at him.

2 hours ago, beantown said:

If that's the case then our 2000 Montero Sport could have done the same thing to the Dodge.

Some models of the Montero only came with a rear locking diff, but never a front locking diff or locking transfer case, from the factory.  So, unless you installed a front locker...  

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Some models of the Montero only came with a rear locking diff, but never a front locking diff or locking transfer case, from the factory.  So, unless you installed a front locker...  

Not a true Detroit locker in the rear, it will definitely spins both tires. I have been on boat ramps that I couldn't walk up they were so slick. That dang Montero pulls the boat up the ramp like it's on dry pavement.

47 minutes ago, beantown said:

Not a true Detroit locker in the rear, it will definitely spins both tires. I have been on boat ramps that I couldn't walk up they were so slick. That dang Montero pulls the boat up the ramp like it's on dry pavement.

The Mitsubishi has LSD - Limited Slip Differentials. Which transfers power to the opposite wheel that is spinning and provide torque to give traction. Computer overrides the traction to manage wheelspin.

15 hours ago, beantown said:

Read what I wrote again - you're still saying it's got a rear locker, and that's exactly what I stated.  It never came with a FRONT locker from the factory, and never came with a locking transfer case, from the factory, ever.  The G-Wagen comes with front and rear locking diffs, and a locking transfer case, straight outta the factory.  So, before you start comparing your Montero Sport to a G-Wagen, thinking the Mitsu can do the same thing, understand what those parts do, and why that G-Wagen beat that Dodge diesel...

The weight of the Rover was probably an equally big factor. The D might have had better chances with locking hubs front and rear, but I'd put my money up against Tom's (willing to lose it too) that the Rover could still beat him in that case, just because the Rover weighs so friggin much. 

Nevermind, I'm thinking of the full size Rover, and the GVWR on the D is actually heavier. Disregard my stupidity and carry on.

Edited by Matt.Cross
Edited for full-of-shitness

4 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

The weight of the Rover was probably an equally big factor. The D might have had better chances with locking hubs front and rear, but I'd put my money up against Tom's (willing to lose it too) that the Rover could still beat him in that case, just because the Rover weighs so friggin much. 

Nevermind, I'm thinking of the full size Rover, and the GVWR on the D is actually heavier. Disregard my stupidity and carry on.

Wait, did you just lose an argument to your self?  :lmao:

4 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Yes, yes I did. It's not at all unusual for me. You should see one of the more sensational fights I have with myself, it can get really ugly fast.

This gets complicated.... Then, by extension, and considering your original comments,and proposed wager, did 98 somehow win the argument you had with yourself?  Astounding!

Edited by slugger43
for a skrewwup

6 hours ago, slugger43 said:

This gets complicated.... Then, by extension, and considering your original comments,and proposed wager, did 98 somehow win the argument you had with yourself?  Astounding!

Tom is a badass. Don't EVER underestimate him. The last thing Chuck Norris does every night is to check under his bed for Tom, and that's a mistake 'cause Tom is usually waiting in the 'fridge.