• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Just pulled trigger on some tromix parts  - barrel, bolt, gas block, and gas tube to start my 375 socom subsonic pistol build

Ordered at 6 am email says order filled at 8 am with tracking number. Should be here Friday as long as the truck doesn’t get jacked by any rioters.

53 minutes ago, thegreatoutlaw said:

Ammo, all the local gun shops are price gouging over a 1.00 per round for .223/9mm/.308. 

Go to the online reloaders for a while.  They often provide very reliable ammo for decent prices. 

1 hour ago, thegreatoutlaw said:

Ammo, all the local gun shops are price gouging over a 1.00 per round for .223/9mm/.308. 

Not my local guy.  He was discounted from retail before all this madness, regularly, but with his increased hours, increased workload, and increased daily NICS checks that he has to do every day, from panic-buying - he increased his ammo prices to MSRP.  He saves personal-protection ammo for gun-buyers - only - and only sells ammo to walk-ins with a ration - one or two boxes only, for range ammo, if you're not buying a gun.  That means that nobody can come in and hoard his ammo, and he has ammo for all his customers.

There's nothing worse than buying a new gun (when you're a panic-buyer), and you can't get any ammo for your new gun that's going to save your life in the next 5 minutes... So they think...

There were several of us that talked him into this policy, and pushed him to do it, and it's working out.  The price-gougers will be remembered, and that practice will limit their future earnings.  Let them do it, just don't support them.  Let the "Panic'ers" support them right now - but never give them another penny. Drive further to someone honest, and give THAT person your business, and let them know that you're there for their business, BECAUSE of their business practices...  :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, shepp said:

fornicate those guys I haven’t bought/ needed to buy local ammo in years 

My local guy is good.  An when you're here for a shoot, and need something - we just text him, and tell him to bring out xxx rounds of whatever - he'll bring it.  Unless he's asleep in the chair at the campfire beside us...   :thumbup::hail:

You really will get discounts, if you're here for the shoot.  He's made SO MUCH this year, that he doesn't even care anymore, about local, regular-customer pricing.  This year has been NUTS, in the gun industry.  He beat last June, on June 4th this year.  He beat LAST YEAR on June 9th...  It's fucking crazy out there...  Panic-ers are driving the market.

nutz.  Just ordered a thousand rds 556.  Went to a local lgs/range,  line out the door for buying firearms,  was able to walk in for the range with no line.  Ordered online ammo for a tiny bit more than usual,  we'll see if it ships.  Last time out I was notified of a cancellation on my order,  and then all of a sudden like,  they found more for a higher price.  Needless to say that particular company will not get any more business from me.  

Actually I was startled finding a line waiting to buy guns.  I never saw that before,  I've heard of it but never seen it.  The line continued inside the shop ten deep for two registers.  I thought it was some kind of sale,  nope,  just eager folks scratching an itch.

OOOOPS!!!  Looks like I got that last 10-pack of mags.  They're showing Out Of Stock now when you click that link I provided.

THAT, men, is the TRUE DEFINITION of the very truth in...   Lesson 65b.

Lesson 65b.  You Snooze, You Lose.

Lesson 65b is a motherfucker, for sure. 

When you see something you want/need/lust after, and its in stock, you better buy it right then.  Because, mere seconds later - it won't be in stock, and you're out of luck.  I must have made that order by the skin of my teeth - because I said "Fuk it, I'll take more of those."

I checked out seconds before some other person did, and I'm getting them, and his order isn't processing right now, and he's trying to figure it all out.  Cussing at his computer right now.  JUST like I would if I put them in the cart, they said "in stock" - and MY order won't go through right now.

It's ALL about the timing, men.  Nothing more than that.  If you want it, you better get it, while it's there.

If you hesitate, you're dead.

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

My local guy is good.  An when you're here for a shoot, and need something - we just text him, and tell him to bring out xxx rounds of whatever - he'll bring it.  Unless he's asleep in the chair at the campfire beside us...   :thumbup::hail:

You really will get discounts, if you're here for the shoot.  He's made SO MUCH this year, that he doesn't even care anymore, about local, regular-customer pricing.  This year has been NUTS, in the gun industry.  He beat last June, on June 4th this year.  He beat LAST YEAR on June 9th...  It's fucking crazy out there...  Panic-ers are driving the market.

Yea you got a special guy. I shouldn’t even say fuck them, I buy most my guns from the little guys when possible. Just so much better buying in bulk I’ll let the fudds fight over the lgs stuff