• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Between the upheaval and the gravity attacks, that was a hell of an evening.

UUUUGH...   It was ROUGH.  Start with Crown (Limited Edition) Salted Caramel - pure candy.  Next up, the usual, and usually SAFE...   Jameson.  Then, out comes the fuckin' Kraken, spiced Rum - thanks ALOT for that one, Eric...   But, we're still safe...   Then Mikey jerks out a bottle of Hennesey cognac.  And THAT was the killer... 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

UUUUGH...   It was ROUGH.  Start with Crown (Limited Edition) Salted Caramel - pure candy.  Next up, the usual, and usually SAFE...   Jameson.  Then, out comes the fuckin' Kraken, spiced Rum - thanks ALOT for that one, Eric...   But, we're still safe...   Then Mikey jerks out a bottle of Hennesey cognac.  And THAT was the killer... 

Even I'm surprised to be able to say the salted caramel bottles I had for the spring shoot( now for fall shoot) still sealed :thumbup:

57 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Even I'm surprised to be able to say the salted caramel bottles I had for the spring shoot( now for fall shoot) still sealed :thumbup:

I'm GRATEFUL!!!   I STILL can't find that shiit down here...   If it comes back around, I'm buying CASES of it...   You rock, Eric...  :hail:

Sounds like my bourbon collection might not be safe around you guys..... I knew I came to the right place 🤣

I need to stop sifting through gun websites when I’m bored... I now have 250 rds of M118LR on it’s way to me. FFS, I’ve already got over 1k of various rounds for a damn rifle I haven’t even finished yet. 

I’m a dumbass

6 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

Sounds like my bourbon collection might not be safe around you guys..... I knew I came to the right place 🤣

You can trust me with your life, and your guns.  You probably shouldn't trust me with your wallet, or your booze collection.  Those will both disappear QUICK, and you'll have all KINDS of new gun parts coming in...   :banana:

3 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

@98Z5V Yup, that confirms it. Definitely in the right place. 

I haven’t had a problem finding the Salted Caramel Crown here. Which border are you barely this side of? Meh-he-co or Canuckistan?

It's not even anywhere close to being on any store shelves down  here, just north of Mexico.  Made it's brief "Limited Edition" appearance last Fall, just to get us all hooked, then... POOF!@!! Gone. Fucker DISAPPEARED!....   :drool:

16 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

I need to stop sifting through gun websites when I’m bored... I now have 250 rds of M118LR on it’s way to me. FFS, I’ve already got over 1k of various rounds for a damn rifle I haven’t even finished yet. 

I’m a dumbass

No, but for a Minnesotan, you are decently prepared. Would not pass muster in Texas, Florida, or any of the western states, though.That M118LR is a good round, though. A lot of people think it is an exact clone of a Federal Gold Medal Match 175 SMK BTHP. I found it was about 100 ft/second faster on my chronograph then the FGMM. My shoulder feels the difference when shooting it as well.

Edited by Sisco

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

No, but for a Minnesotan, you are decently prepared. Would not pass muster in Texas, Florida, or any of the western states, though.That M118LR is a good round, though. A lot of people think it is an exact clone of a Federal Gold Medal Match 175 SMK BTHP. I found it was about 100 ft/second faster on my chronograph then the FGMM. My shoulder feels the difference when shooting it as well.

Truth be told, I got the M118LR for load development info. Gives me a known quantity to test in my gun for accuracy and function, chrono, and compare to other factory ammo I have.  After that, I plan on working up my own load for it. I won’t be too surprised if it ends up being close to that M118LR, though. 

59 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

Truth be told, I got the M118LR for load development info. Gives me a known quantity to test in my gun for accuracy and function, chrono, and compare to other factory ammo I have.  After that, I plan on working up my own load for it. I won’t be too surprised if it ends up being close to that M118LR, though. 

Go back and you should find quite a bit of conversation about this in the Forum’s  reloading archives. I will PM you another source as well.

Is that stock a little wobbly?  The one I have on Dylan’s rifle has a lot of play in it. Haven’t got to test my new one yet...it ain’t here. Was supposed to be today, but nowhere to be found. USPS says “ it left the facility and will arrive late”. That’s helpful. My Aero trigger left the San Diego facility on Friday at 7:07am and was out for delivery. Haven’t seen it yet either. 

15 minutes ago, DNP said:

Is that stock a little wobbly?  The one I have on Dylan’s rifle has a lot of play in it. Haven’t got to test my new one yet...it ain’t here. Was supposed to be today, but nowhere to be found. USPS says “ it left the facility and will arrive late”. That’s helpful. My Aero trigger left the San Diego facility on Friday at 7:07am and was out for delivery. Haven’t seen it yet either. 

My business uses USPS. In the last year or so, I've thought they ought to rename themselves the USPE—the United States Pony Express.  I mean, the delivery is slow and it seems to be subject to hijack from "Indians." Wish I could change shippers, but that's not an option. 😒