• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

22 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

Well this Ruger Wrangler decided it needed to live at my house. Cast frame you can see mold marks in a few spots. Lots of mim parts. Recessed chambers in the cylinder. Decent factory trigger pull. Hard for my old eyes to see the sights but I was ringing steel on a 8" plate at 10 yds. $199.00 plus tax.

IMG_20200721_224038.jpg

It's a .22LR, and it's a bad little bastard - Congrats on that one.  Those things are tough, and cool at the same time.  Love 'em.  :thumbup:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  
  •  
  • shooterrex
  • Members
  •  
  • 785 posts
  • LocationShelby Co Ky

Well this Ruger Wrangler decided it needed to live at my house. Cast frame you can see mold marks in a few spots. Lots of mim parts. Recessed chambers in the cylinder. Decent factory trigger pull. Hard for my old eyes to see the sights but I was ringing steel on a 8" plate at 10 yds. $199.00 plus tax.

IMG_20200721_224038.jpg

^^^ Finally, someone whose eyesight matches mine! Of course, I may need a bit more help when it comes to anything over 40 yards!

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:
  •  
  •  
  • shooterrex
  • Members
  •  
  • 785 posts
  • LocationShelby Co Ky

IMG_20200721_224038.jpg

^^^ Finally, someone whose eyesight matches mine! Of course, I may need a bit more help when it comes to anything over 40 yards!

I have Scopes and red dots on almost everything. My TFO's on the Glocks I can see though.

Got a couple mag pouches and GP pouches (both for chest rig's) coming from BDS Tactical. I was working on an account credit from an order that I had placed back in January. They discontinued the bag that I had ordered. But they made it REAL painless transferring the credit over to my follow up order.

I can't say enough good words about this outfit. I was going back and forth with a girl named Tori in their CS department about my previous order. She fukin rocked! Even though I was disappointed about them discontinuing pretty much ALL of their line of bags (for now, she told me). She made it extremely easy in the end.

I even just followed up with her after placing my new order a couple days ago, and she responded the next morning saying that she was gonna try and push my order through so that I would be looking at a mid/late August ship time. Now, I've always said, just to be clear, that whenever you order from these guys, that you HAVE to be patient. ALL of their military commitments take place over their civvy sales. And I've always been more than ok with that. It's the price you pay to wait for quality, all USA made $hit. It's been nothing to wait for 3 months plus, to have orders that I've placed to finally get shipped in the past. Once again, I've always been ok with that. But to have her try and nudge this $hit through in about a month's time? And we're only talking about a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff. Not like it's a major order or anything. This is why I continue to deal with these guys. Well that......and they make nothing but quality equipment.

If you don't use them. Check them out sometimes.

31 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

I can't say enough good words about this outfit. I was going back and forth with a girl named Tori in their CS department about my previous order. She fukin rocked! Even though I was disappointed about them discontinuing pretty much ALL of their line of bags (for now, she told me). She made it extremely easy in the end.

How easy was it in your end, brother?  Care to share?   Wake up with a headache, and some strange, pounding sensation in your ass?...   :lmao:

In all reality, I have a plan...  since you're on good terms with Tori...  does she want to come to the Fall Shoot?...  :popcorn:

Asking for a friend... 

Edited by 98Z5V

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

How easy was it in your end, brother?  Care to share?   Wake up with a headache, and some strange, pounding sensation in your ass?...   :lmao:

Are you saying that there might have been some Barry White music playing in the background? :laffs:

1 hour ago, GRA said:

Just curious ... how does this .260 Remington compare to the .243? 

Personally, I haven't taken the chance to pit those two against each other yet - but that will happen, in the future. 

Honestly, right now, I think my .260 will kick my .243's ass. The .260 is an AR, and the .243 is a bolt gun, too, so that's a big difference. Tests need to be done, though, before any of that is confirmed.  My .260 is just one bad motherfucker.  I believe in it, deeply. 

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Personally, I haven't taken the chance to pit those two against each other yet - but that will happen, in the future. 

Honestly, right now, I think my .260 will kick my .243's ass. The .260 is an AR, and the .243 is a bolt gun, too, so that's a big difference. Tests need to be done, though, before any of that is confirmed.  My .260 is just one bad motherfucker.  I believe in it, deeply. 

COOL ... how about this .260 REM compared to the 6.5 Creedmoor?

5 hours ago, GRA said:

COOL ... how about this .260 REM compared to the 6.5 Creedmoor?

I have a 243 ai bolt gun and a 250 rem ar 260 def heavier projectiles 123 - 147 range  my 243 max about 100 grains. I’m still developing the load for the 260 first time for me with an ar. I’m finding reading pressure signs more difficult cause it’s all in reading brass and felt recoil. With a bolt gun you have the added indicator of bolt lift. Not really any harder just different and I’m a little cautious  in the ar platform.

i can’t speak on the 6.5 creed not but I researched before build and can tell you ballistically almost identical with slight edge to 260. The creed should be able to handle longer projectiles due to the shorter case. Both are limited in mag length so maybe slight advantage creed. If you reload 260 if buy off the shelf stuff creed has more choices out there. I reload and I don’t normally like to jump on the latest greatest band wagon. Plus I’ve always been a 243 fan so the 260 is bigger brother. 
@98Z5V Has developed  a load for his 260 that seems to be a screamer and he has done a bunch of at load work up so he can wring all the potential out of it. Me not so much but I’m learning. I had a pretty good load for my 243ai in the mountains of Montana but it seems to not like climate in Alabama so I need to revisit development for it(next on my to do list).

Edited by Radioactive
Darn auto spell

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

I have a 243 ai bolt gun and a 250 rem ar 260 def heavier projectiles 123 - 147 range  my 243 max about 100 grains. I’m still developing the load for the 260 first time for me with an ar. I’m finding reading pressure signs more difficult cause it’s all in reading brass and felt recoil. With a bolt gun you have the added indicator of bolt lift. Not really any harder just different and I’m a little cautious  in the ar platform.

i can’t speak on the 6.5 creed not but I researched before build and can tell you ballistically almost identical with slight edge to 260. The creed should be able to handle longer projectiles due to the shorter case. Both are limited in mag length so maybe slight advantage creed. If you reload 260 if buy off the shelf stuff creed has more choices out there. I reload and I don’t normally like to jump on the latest greatest band wagon. Plus I’ve always been a 243 fan so the 260 is bigger brother. 
@98Z5V Has developed  a load for his 260 that seems to be a screamer and he has done a bunch of at load work up so he can wring all the potential out of it. Me not so much but I’m learning. I had a pretty good load for my 243ai in the mountains of Montana but it seems to not like climate in Alabama so I need to revisit development for it(next on my to do list).

I’ve never reloaded anything other than shotgun somI have no experience like you and 98 but I think I should point out that Alabama will have a constantly more dense and heavier air since it’s a humid Gulf Coast state with far less altitude than Montana so you’ll definitely need to load a little different and possibly use a different powder.  

Thanks for the information 👍

1 hour ago, GRA said:

I’ve never reloaded anything other than shotgun somI have no experience like you and 98 but I think I should point out that Alabama will have a constantly more dense and heavier air since it’s a humid Gulf Coast state with far less altitude than Montana so you’ll definitely need to load a little different and possibly use a different powder.  

Thanks for the information 👍

Yup that’s why I have to do another round of development and I’m going to switch it over to coated bullets like I’m developing for in the 260.

lousy pics but 260 at top 243ai bolt bottom. 243ai running about 3300 FPS with 95 gr nosler bt. 260 about 2800 FPS with 140 bergers and 2850 with 123 scenar’s. I think slightly faster with 123’s and right around 2800 with the 140’s is where I’ll end up.

F2065207-BB02-4517-8412-D71A4D8A417B.jpeg

A46C63AE-FB21-46B9-8B67-BB356F7E2203.jpeg

Edited by Radioactive
Damm auto correct

I broke down and have a 15 stripped upper coming from Armalite to go with my Armalite SPR lower, for my 6.5 Grendel MK12 build. Already having the lower, I figured that I'd keep the receiver set all Armalite for this build. Even though I have other stripped uppers in stock. I guess that they'll just have to go to other builds. :laffs:

Finally got ahold of someone at Armalite thanks to 98Z. A2 stock kit and carbine buffer kit on the way. Not sure which way I'm going with the creedmoor build yet so I'll have an extra set for latter. LaRue changed the containers for the MBT's. The container isn't a nice metal cup to store little parts in anymore.

1 hour ago, shooterrex said:

LaRue changed the containers for the MBT's. The container isn't a nice metal cup to store little parts in anymore.

Damnit.  I knew I should have saved those damn things.