• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

HELL YEAH!!!   :hail::banana:

If it was a '77 Esprit in Buckskin Gold, I would have shiit my pants...   :lmao:

Now we couldn't have you sullying your "reputation" could we, its  black with a nice buckskin interior, its sat out the last 9 months, my neighbor had it in his garage, and his wifey was fooling around on him, so after years of heartache, he up and left, very sad story... so I've actually had it advertised it for the first time in a long time... I'm hoping I can get enough for a down on a nicer car, there's a late second TA in Michigan with 11,000 miles, best is it looks almost new underneath, a rarity with these little rust buckets...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, billymagg said:

Now we couldn't have you sullying your "reputation" could we, its  black with a nice buckskin interior, its sat out the last 9 months, my neighbor had it in his garage, and his wifey was fooling around on him, so after years of heartache, he up and left, very sad story... so I've actually had it advertised it for the first time in a long time... I'm hoping I can get enough for a down on a nicer car, there's a late second TA in Michigan with 11,000 miles, best is it looks almost new underneath, a rarity with these little rust buckets...

If I could find a '77 Pontiac Can Am with the T/A 6.6 in it, I'd lose my mind.  Not interested in the one that had the "6.6 Litre" on the shaker - that was the let-down engine.  Other than that, and a nice Trans Am, I'll always be on the hunt for a Grand National that I can afford...  I'd love a GNX, but that will never be my reality... 

Hint - there were hidden "Can Ams" that never got to see the light of day, after the aftermarket factory-builder broke the rear spoiler mold.  Once that mold broke, no more were ever made, and the run was cut short.  But the actual cars were already produced...   I'd take one of those in a heartbeat.

Was kinda in the mail...shipped to store anyways. I guess these fall into the preppier supplies, or just the how to survive when the poser company shuts you off regularly because it’s hot or windy and they won’t be paying for any more wildfires. 

146EF1D4-F88A-4F84-9E62-FD720E98410B.jpeg

0AD5615F-9B56-42F3-AE97-884BA7697C5F.jpeg

No matter what, in this free world, brother.  No way...  

...Can you EVER go wrong with chainsaws and generators.  It's not even possible. 

You've done well, I commend you, and I'm jealous...  :hail:

Chain saw and generator goodness,  nice !!!  You are worthy of high praise,  I'm lacking a chain saw, hmm. I'm guessing with all the rest of the crap befalling us we going to get whacked this hurricane season.  I need a chain saw and a freezer.

Edited by RedRiverII
add-on

Off track on the comment, apologies offered.  I have two different holsters coming,  both kydex.  Some 9mm coming as well.  Just received the rubber adapt. (OpSol?)  for shotgun wells to fire mini shotgun shells.  Bought the LED follower that lights and readily visible when last round ejected,  made of delrin,  LEDs are not worthy of your hard earned cash in this application.  The LED doesn't work after a few blips,  although delrin is a nice follower for it's own properties.  Buy without the lights,  1/2 the cost.  If it's not 1/2 the price shop elsewhere,  lots of better followers out there.

Edited by RedRiverII

On 5/22/2020 at 12:17 AM, 98Z5V said:

If I could find a '77 Pontiac Can Am with the T/A 6.6 in it, I'd lose my mind.  Not interested in the one that had the "6.6 Litre" on the shaker - that was the let-down engine.  Other than that, and a nice Trans Am, I'll always be on the hunt for a Grand National that I can afford...  I'd love a GNX, but that will never be my reality... 

Hint - there were hidden "Can Ams" that never got to see the light of day, after the aftermarket factory-builder broke the rear spoiler mold.  Once that mold broke, no more were ever made, and the run was cut short.  But the actual cars were already produced...   I'd take one of those in a heartbeat.

Yes a friend had a Can Am, and I actually drove it with the intention of buying it, I was a young pup, living at home and bagging groceries and working on the farm with my Dad and going to College, so NO Can Am... I sat in the showroom several times and spec'd a 74 T/A with a Super Duty, all dreams... I later wound up trading a really??? what can you say about a 76 Cobra II Mustang, that I changed the blown motor for a 70 Mustang 302 engine, with a 4 speed. It did actually run and sounded great... but I had been haunting an orange with white interior 1972 Formula 350, going to college, two little girls, at the time I was married to the "Warden"... guy that I kept trying to buy it from, sold it to a local car dealer, I'm like what the hell??? well long story short, I cleaned up that Cobra II, and drove that thing to Quincy, Il. where "baby doll" was, and traded him for 200 bucks boot.. so I had less than half in it that I would have if I had bought it from the original owner. I loved that car, it had some super wide Remington Radial, and cornered like it was on rails, until it was wet, lol. Baby # 3 brought a trade for a very sweet, 1969 Black Old Toronado, (yes I damn well do hate front wheel drive), but with the 455 that thing would flat out fly, yes I have missed that hugger orange 72 Formula ever since...

Any way, sweet little Wilson is back to the gun shop waiting on FED EX, so I'm hoping it will arrive at River Rat Sports before the end of the week??? I'm NOT holding my breath! but I am dying of anticipation, I shot little "axe kicker" again today, I'm finally back on paper after my ordeal with my Buehler mounts, that dang thing does kick, its amazingly light and very accurate, but I realized today the trigger really sucks, its so dang heavy... clean, but very heavy, on a 1950's or so Husqvarna 98 Mauser action, 4100 light weight..

I also shot the 38/44 Outdoorsman from 100 with iron sights, I held about 1/2 the front sight over, and hit about 18 inches hi, but actually a nice clean group, I haven't shot irons at that range in a while, I was very pleased.

Like 99% of old Smith and Wesson's, that thing has a drop dead gorgeous trigger...

Oh, and when I got done shooting, I fired up my Dad's old Husqvarna Chain Saw, thats a chore for an old man, lol, damn thing.

Edited by billymagg

I've got a small generator and two chain saws, so I'm okay on that front. But to finish out the flavor of this thread, I finished a cruise on the USS Coral Sea in 1968. I walked off that boat (yes, I know it's a ship!) with a large wad of cash money that I'd made by loaning money to card players. Loan you $5, pay me back $7 on payday. They liked the arrangement and so did I. I walked into a West LA Chevy dealership and drove out with a 1968 Corvette 427 435 HP 4-spd positrac. According to Motor Trend, they'd never seen one of those engines that didn't show rear wheel hp on a dynamometer at less than 550 hp. I don't know, all I'm sure of is that was one neck-snapping piece of machinery! Those were fun days!

I finally retired my old 210 Bearcat scanner (couldn't get any digital transmissions) and ordered a new Uniden BC 536HP  Sunday, Amazon was cheapest, Sent from Irving Tex. Didn't know Uniden was in Irving, arriving today via the R.F.D. mail carrier.....I gotta keep up with my VFD boys and the local Sheriff guys.

The last couple parts for my first AR308 build are in the mail. I began ordering them back at the end of April. Most items shipped within a few days, but one order in particular took 3-weeks to ship (they said due to COVID the warehouse was backed up that much...not sure if it was demand, protocols, or staffing...perhaps a combination of all three). Another vendor took about a week to process my order, too. That said, some shops were shipping same or next day--JoeBobOutfitters being one that really stood out.

• Lancer L7AWM 10 round magazine from Lanbo's Armory (shipped separately from the main order b/c I forgot to include it...and Landon was nice enough to waive the shipping!).
  • VG6 Epsilon 762 muzzle brake - on sale from Schuyler Arms for $41.25 shipped.

Now I just need to clean up my garage workbench area and install my new vise before the work can begin. For this build I upgraded from an old little Craftsman 3 1/2" vise to a 5" Yost ADI vise.

5 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

Update: More .50 cal ammo cans on the way (couldn’t pass them up for <$10), more reference books, more reloading supplies, and more Forward Controls stuff (I swear it’s a borderline addiction).

To be continued....

That's Roger - formerly of Battle Arms Development.  All his design, and company.  Roger shall never be spoken of in other than Reverent Terms.  He's amazing.  :hail:

34 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That's Roger - formerly of Battle Arms Development.  All his design, and company.  Roger shall never be spoken of in other than Reverent Terms.  He's amazing.  :hail:

I’ve spoken with him a few times now. Great guy. It’s an easy choice to support an American small business that supplies outstanding products, has over the top customer service and is owned by a guy I’d be happy to have a couple beers with on downtime. 

7 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

I’ve spoken with him a few times now. Great guy. It’s an easy choice to support an American small business that supplies outstanding products, has over the top customer service and is owned by a guy I’d be happy to have a couple beers with on downtime. 

Since it's May 2020 now  - I can honestly say that I've known him and spoken with him for 10 solid years now.  I love that guy.  I first started talking to him in May 2010, when the Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS Ambi Safety was first released.  He is truly a First-Class Act, and beyond that.  He took me to SHOT Show in 2014.  I have alot of respect for alot of people in the firearms industry, but I have no higher respect for anyone else in the firearms industry than him.  He's the top of my list, and a wonderful person, hard worker, and hell of an interpreneur.  Mad respect for Roger.  :hail:

On 5/22/2020 at 12:17 AM, 98Z5V said:

1977 Can Am with 6.6 on Chicago Il craigslist, in Madison Wisc....

twiddling thumbs, waiting on FED EX! good grief!

Edited by billymagg

On 5/27/2020 at 12:36 PM, billymagg said:

1977 Can Am with 6.6 on Chicago Il craigslist, in Madison Wisc....

twiddling thumbs, waiting on FED EX! good grief!

Its here, very nice, not perfect as I had envisioned, but very nice, gorgeous barrel profile, love the billet receivers, fit is very good, and the trigger is amazing, I'm going to have to square my reticle up, I would have shot it today, but with the reticle listing left,,, ahhh!

Oh and it is LIGHT, points and handles like my Merkel side by side, its pretty damn sweet if I say so myself, and that alone is worth the price of admission... between that machined billet upper/lower, fluted 18" barrel, the low mass BCG, and the handguard, it just works!  A 20 inch 6.5 Black Rain Ord felt long and heavy, the Rock River "Operator" was short and HEAVY! Neither one had the "FEEL", this girl has that in spades.

Oh and the obligatory factory test target is very encouraging, LOL, but as they say, "your milage may vary?", LOL

Edited by billymagg

On 5/22/2020 at 12:04 AM, sketch said:

xd- m 9mm with vortex rmr on top waiting in jurisdiction jail.. my state is fubar but I am a nice guy sooo...

picked this up today. Trigger is pretty nice as well as the venom 3moa. addedd the olight val mini 2 . It came with a 10 m test target and testor was a pretty good shot, 2 19 round mags and an extra non thread barrel. One note is the mag release is pretty hard to push? break in will hopefully fix this. Extra back straps not sure what it ships with but it fits as is. cant wait to shoot it!  last note I could cut down a tree with the front site! 

20200530_000440.jpg

20200530_000457.jpg

Nice! Most I think run suppressor height sights with rmr. I currently have no backup sights on my Glock 17 with rmr. I will probably add suppressor height sights once I’m consistently drawing with red dot in view upon presentation. Gotta admit I haven’t practiced much but vow to do better.

Edited by Radioactive