• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

5 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Just kidding........we'll slow him down with some old fashioned "Fire Water".  :laffs: (Sorry Mike......it was too easy)

Damn, I saw you reply in this thread, so I jumped in here to read about all the news 6 ARC parts that you've got on order...   :popcorn:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Ha! Obviously you've got me confused with the "Other" R2 variant (read as demon seed) floating around here. Unless there was a memo that I didn't get dispatched to me.

I see...   you need worked on some more, I can tell...   :thumbup:

6 hours ago, DNP said:

Is that stock a little wobbly?  The one I have on Dylan’s rifle has a lot of play in it. Haven’t got to test my new one yet...it ain’t here. Was supposed to be today, but nowhere to be found. USPS says “ it left the facility and will arrive late”. That’s helpful. My Aero trigger left the San Diego facility on Friday at 7:07am and was out for delivery. Haven’t seen it yet either. 

Watch out for porch pirates

11 hours ago, DNP said:

Is that stock a little wobbly?  The one I have on Dylan’s rifle has a lot of play in it. Haven’t got to test my new one yet...it ain’t here. Was supposed to be today, but nowhere to be found. USPS says “ it left the facility and will arrive late”. That’s helpful. My Aero trigger left the San Diego facility on Friday at 7:07am and was out for delivery. Haven’t seen it yet either. 

Was that meant for me? 

it rattles I’m not a huge fan of it 

3 hours ago, shepp said:

Was that meant for me? 

it rattles I’m not a huge fan of it 

It was meant for you. I should have @shepp ‘d ya. Damn. I bought another one and a Strike Buffer tube to see if it would be better. Was going to go with the battlelink for the 9mm. Might still have to do that. 

All sorts of $hit is inbound. We'll start with :

18" 6.5 Grendel barrel from BA - No estimated arrival date, but the transaction has cleared my bank.

6.5 Grendel BCG from ArmorAlly - Same as the barrel. Transaction has cleared the bank.

Some go/no go headspace gauges in 6.5 Grendel from Midway.

Noveske flush-mount push-button cup for sling mounts, also from Midway.

Some Springfield 1911 mags (slam pad style) for that TRP that I bought last year. Just because. You can never have too many mags. Also from Midway.

Some bolt assembly/disassembly tools by Young Manufacturing from Brownells. One of each, large frame and small frame AR. I've been looking at these on and off for years. Finally figured to pick them up. Make working on bolts a little easier. Never hurts to have tools.

MidwayUSA has a Frankford Arsenal Priming tool and a handful of shell holders and Lee factory crimp dies on the way to me, and Mark LaRue got more of my money thrown at him for an LT204 Mount and a Trigger Action Chassis. 
 Getting an Accu-Shot monopod in the mail soon, so I see an order for one of SAGE International’s dedicated PRS Gen 3 rails shortly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Found some blems on Geissele,  6MM ARC ammo on order,  and seven books recommended from WPSN.  Rifle scope level,  21" 6mm arc barrel with bcg,  gas block,   and gas tube.  Six new pair of boxer shorts,  because my wife found the credit card bill and I poop myself.  You guys happy now?  Spreading this excitement,  and you just gotta have this new fangled gizmo crap.  I must go and wash the dishes and mop the kitchen floor.  KP duty,  I haven't had that duty since 71'.  Eff you happy boy.

32 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

ordered 250 6mm arc brass, it's on backorder.

Interesting- where did you order it from?   It might be on backorder for a long time - I'm holding out for Starline to release some brass, and I'll grab 1k from them.  I know Hornady is ass-deep in making loaded ammo for the .mil folks using this cartridge, then all other brass is going to loaded commercial ammo for us normal people - after they catch that up, they'll start packaging virgin brass for us reloaders.  That phonecall was last week. 

14 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

ordered from midsouth shooters supply. also dropped starline an email asking about a timeline for release

Midsouth are my go-to guys, too...  :thumbup:  Midsouth won't know anything until Hornady catches up on production - which was why I called Hornady directly.  Go directly to the source, and talk to a human.  Starline doesn't even have the caliber listed in their rifle brass yet - my plan was to call them tomorrow, and ask directly.  I'll put the results up in here tomorrow night. 

Talk to humans, brothers, talk to humans.  Emails get blown off, but you can corner a human, whilst on the phone, talking to them.  Most humans get nervous if they don't know something, or they've been directed not to answer it, and they....   What?  ...transfer you to someone higher in the food chain.  Or, if they really don't know, then you ASK for a person higher in the food chain.  Most of the time, they never had a clue in the first place that they were being interrogated... 

Emails, texts, posts on a company's FB page...   Meaningless, in the big picture.  If they feel like responding, then they will.  That doesn't generate near the information - that talking to a human does. 

I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

We've forgotten that, in our cyber-world that we live in. 

Edited by 98Z5V

• 2 weeks later...