• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/20/2020 at 8:38 PM, Albroswift said:

Not following, small frame test fit for large frame?

Sorry. Been away for a while. That was just poor English. I'm starting with an 80% AR build as a test for an upcoming .308 build. Finished the lower last week and dropped in a Anderson lower kit. Waiting on a Real Avid armorers wrench to finish things up. I started with the AR due to its mil-spec characteristics. I've already run into little things like the upper being a super tight fit to the lower. Safety fitting tight over the TCG. Just stuff that can be fixed with a file but I haven't had to go that far yet. Safety is loosening up just by working it on the lower block. The upper may be a different story. I'm could make it fit in minutes but I need to determine who's out of spec first (upper or lower). I'm whipping out the calipers today. Need to find the drawings with the specs...then adjust.

23 hours ago, Albroswift said:

@PaddyMac Tight is better then loose. What brand lower and upper? Good luck finding 308AR specs! Post complete build list as you go, or better yet before you buy. The crew here may save you some grief! EDIT 308 or 556 80%?

Hello @Albroswift - My AR15 lowers are Cerro forgings from Right to Bear Arms. I bought .308 billet lowers from 80Percent. I also have AR15 forgings from 80Percent as well. My AR15 upper is a gun show beauty boxed up by Durkin Tactical... I use the term "beauty" very loosly. I wanted to keep the AR15 build on the cheap side. I'm using and Easy Jig 2 kit for the milling. Works well. I'm not starting work on the .308 until my 556 is together and running properly...THEN...I'll be all over you guys 😀

Hands are shot so after looking at the reviews went with Young matnufacturing .308 and 5.56 ejector vice. Actually spoke to Debbie Young nervous like everyone else I told her that it was going to be ok. 

The knock on the Brownells model was the threaded part for the plunger was sloppy and a cr 2ap shoot on receiving. Just my 2 mags

2 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Now you've got the curiosity stirring. I'm guessing something with an FSB.

That's an excellent guess my brother....

2 hours ago, DNP said:

...you would hope so. But that redneck might have other plans. 

It's a small-minded redneck that only lets one plan bounce around in the ol' brain pan at any given time....

21 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

That's an excellent guess my brother....

It's a small-minded redneck that only lets one plan bounce around in the ol' brain pan at any given time....

Doesn't matter - it's a badass plan, brother...   :hail::thumbup:

@Matt.Cross ended up costing me a whole Grendel over one of these things - thanks to his gracious nature.  THAT was pure evil, on his part. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing, when he did it, too...   :thefinger:

Edited by 98Z5V

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Doesn't matter - it's a badass plan, brother...   :hail::thumbup:

@Matt.Cross ended up costing me a whole Grendel over one of these things - thanks to his gracious nature.  THAT was pure evil, on his part.  :thefinger:

Speaking of which, I happen to now have a Mid-length handguard from Centurion that doesn't have a cut-out. It's going to need a new home soon....