• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

petition to have suppresors removed from NFA list!!!

beachmaster

I don't think we all just want to argue, and I will give it to you that you are free to your opinion...but I won't give it to you just because you fought for it. I suppose I'm not free to disagree with your opinion, because I didn't fight for it. I just work and pay my taxes and get to be second in line to any kid who served his 3 years in (not directed at you, I don't know your background). I hope you can see where we come from with that one. It's ok to say you think people should be required to show the abilities to handle a gun, that's an opinion many have. It's also one many disagree with. You should have that right until you do something dumb enough to lose it. However, that isn't what you said and you got lightly burned...not even the flaming you called for. I don't consider you an enemy, and I don't think anyone does at this point...it's where it all goes that decides that. We can disagree like adults, sometimes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just out of curiosity, how many of you have even served? Because it seems that its the people who have never actually done anything to protect our rights that want to cry the loudest when someone questions them. 

So ill reiterate, There should be no limiting of what you can own or how many, but something should be required of you to show your competency.

I never once said anything about who can own what or taking anyone's rights away. But i don't think any of you moaned and groaned when you had to take a test to get your drivers license. So what is wrong with a basic one time competency test or course to weed out the people that will shoot themselves or others because they are incompetent?

I don't think we all just want to argue, and I will give it to you that you are free to your opinion...but I won't give it to you just because you fought for it. I suppose I'm not free to disagree with your opinion, because I didn't fight for it. I just work and pay my taxes and get to be second in line to any kid who served his 3 years in (not directed at you, I don't know your background). I hope you can see where we come from with that one.

Even by making that comment you are insinuating you know anything about me. If you didn't feel that way you wouldn't have said it. So for all intensive purposes I am just a 21 yr old kid who enlisted for 3 years and I know nothing about life. But the funny thing is, I'm actually asking for accountability in our system instead of a blind eye like it is now. I've said it before and Ill say it again since no one seems to get it: I don't want the government to tell me what I can purchase, own or shoot. But I DO think there should be some sort of system in place to help keep guns out of the hands of people that just shouldn't have them. Maybe not enforced by the government, maybe it should be something WE THE PEOPLE take into our own hands. I believe it is a right to be able to own a gun, I have many. But education and knowledge are more powerful than any caliber. an ps, you pay your taxes, good for you, so do I and everyone else I know. But mentioning that is like asking for an award for stuff you're supposed to do. 

That's a presumptuous reply to a perfectly valid question, which you chose to cop-out instead of answering. So I'm straight on this, inviting flaming is OK with you but valid intelligent questions aren't?

Seriously, this is the first time I've seen someone carelessly doom themselves in their introductory topic. What gives?

I dont view sarcastic comments as intelligent or valid. 

I bet if you polled 25 Navy SEALs and 25 civilians with zero military experience with this question the results would be surprising. But what do I know, im just a 21 yr old kid with no life experience.

Now you're an enemy. GTFO

"an ps, you pay your taxes, good for you, so do I and everyone else I know. But mentioning that is like asking for an award for stuff you're supposed to do. "

And thank you for your service. Enjoy the pedestal you put yourself on for it.

I served, and I whole heartedly disagree with you. I might be as far right as this forum has though...

Any testing or qualification means that the govt, or someone being paid by the govt is regulating who can or cant have a firearm. That is the definition of an infringement. Although I realize you aren't basing your argument on the bill of rights, so i digress on that point.

I believe that a nation needs to punish based on real crime, not perceived. In Germany I drove my little skyline like a moron every day and never got a ticket. Why? Because I never caused a problem. Now if I had cause a problem of any size and the police got involved and found out that I was driving recklessly, i would be in a German hole right now. And Germany has less traffic accidents per capita than we do. (I believe, but if someone proves me wrong that is ok)

So Germany might not be the best example of freedom. Why regulate firearms when misusing a firearm is illegal? Why do you need to get someone on MURDER AND a weapons charge?

The very purpose of the second amendment is that the federal govt (and the military it wields) should fear the people. Every Dick, Bob, and Joe has access to any military grade weapon and camo they want, and the right to train as they please (or not) in the use thereof.

The lack of the previously outlined has led to the dissolvement of our rights, and the pussification of our population. We are being purposely diluted and discredited while scum is being hand fed and upheld in an effort to destabilize the nation, giving power to the central govt.

All things that should never have happened if men like us upheld our responsibility at any time in the last hundred years.

Edited by beachmaster

So just out of curiosity, how many of you have even served? Because it seems that its the people who have never actually done anything to protect our rights that want to cry the loudest when someone questions them.

There are many here who have served, there are ZERO here who have insinuated that it elevates their privilege somehow.

Even by making that comment you are insinuating you know anything about me. If you didn't feel that way you wouldn't have said it. So for all intensive purposes I am just a 21 yr old kid who enlisted for 3 years and I know nothing about life.

Hey Francis, you waltzed in and begged to be flamed. Now you're the victim because you told us more about you than we wanted to know? I don't think so.

an ps, you pay your taxes, good for you, so do I and everyone else I know. But mentioning that is like asking for an award for stuff you're supposed to do.

Some would say the same about expecting to be patronized for voluntary military service.

I dont view sarcastic comments as intelligent or valid.

They weren't sarcastic, they were sincere. You should've taken the time to investigate the community you joined, it's a lot of good people that welcomes newcomers sincerely and respectfully. In your case, you pretty much asked for what you got.

In any case, I guess you'll find all this out as a guest, 'cause you got ban hammered.

I served, and I whole heartedly disagree with you. I might be as far right as this forum has though...

Any testing or qualification means that the govt, or someone being paid by the govt is regulating who can or cant have a firearm. That is the definition of an infringement. Although I realize you aren't basing your argument on the bill of rights, so i digress on that point.

I believe that a nation needs to punish based on real crime, not perceived. In Germany I drove my little skyline like a moron every day and never got a ticket. Why? Because I never caused a problem. Now if I had cause a problem of any size and the police got involved and found out that I was driving recklessly, i would be in a German hole right now. And Germany has less traffic accidents per capita than we do. (I believe, but if someone proves me wrong that is ok)

So Germany might not be the best example of freedom. Why regulate firearms when misusing a firearm is illegal? Why do you need to get someone on MURDER AND a weapons charge?

The very purpose of the second amendment is that the federal govt (and the military it wields) should fear the people. Every Dick, Bob, and Joe has access to any military grade weapon and camo they want, and the right to train as they please (or not) in the use thereof.

The lack of the previously outlined has led to the dissolvement of our rights, and the pussification of our population. We are being purposely diluted and discredited while scum is being hand fed and upheld in an effort to destabilize the nation, giving power to the central govt.

All things that should never have happened if men like us upheld our responsibility at any time in the last hundred years.

Valid points without attacking or being rude.

Its funny, Ive never been banned from an internet forum for having an opinion different than someone elses. But whatever. Ill make sure when I move to tucson and im at the range that i ask around for some of you and see if your in person comments are the same as behind a screen. I didnt come here to insult anyone or fught, I came here to learn more about the different things my rifle had to offer me. Ive been a member of the XDtalk.com forum since 2004 and not a problem.

But I will point out that I didnt break any of the following official forum rules while others did, but im the new comer so of course just like america, get rid of anything that challenges the status quo. If any of you actually knew me, youd know how passionate I am about ALL of our rights especially the Second Ammendmant. And how anti government I am.

PS here are the site rules, which I didnt break any btw

Rules:

1.  No conversations in which the subject content relates to circumventing federal, state and local firearm laws

2.  No advertising or product promotion without being a site sponsor. This includes promotion through an avatar or your signature. Contact  administrator imschur for details on the possibility of becoming a sponsor.

3.  Treat each other with respect. We have a zero tolerance for trolling, instigating and lying.

4.  If you disagree be factual do not rely on word of mouth and rumors.

5.  No derogatory remarks about people, websites and manufacturers. If you have an issue with a manufacturer back it up with evidence such as pictures.

6.  Representing this site for your own gain elsewhere on the net.

7.  Do not register under multiple accounts

8.  No racist or hate remarks

9.  No inappropriate pictures and subject matter

10. Represent yourself truthfully - Do not misrepresent your status, position, rank etc

But whatever. Ill make sure when I move to tucson and im at the range that i ask around for some of you and see if your in person comments are the same as behind a screen.

Mine will be.  Bet your ass on that.  I'm certain I'll run into you sooner or later.

You're an idiot.

Wut just happened??  <dontknow>

P.S. I served in a foreign military, and I had the opportunity of training and serving alongside some of your brothers who are natives to this country, as well as others around the world, but that does not mean I have a right to be a douche about it. :D

P.P.S. This forum has been one of the friendliest and most supportive/respectul/helpful forums that I've come across.... ah well, to each his own.

Edited by shibiwan

When 14 and 15 year old boys grabbed their muskets and went to fight this countries battles they fought for the rights we all now take for granted, Rights are just that and they apply to everyone no paticular group regardless of if they are LEO, Military or whatever it is "WE The People" in this country you are born with rights the only way you loose them is from being a criminal or giving up your citizenship.

My people have been fighting for this country for thousands of years, and they have fought with honor in every war ever fought here or abroad do not even think that someone would have the power to grant me the right to defend myself !

I'm a new guy and I agree.  

I agree with shibiwan also, Good thing the regulars weed out the Rtards. I think this is one of the best gun forums there is.

To keep on topic of the suppressors, any of you guys see the products from apogee and SD tactical arms. Fucking badass.

http://www.shop.apogeeproducts.com/

http://www.sdtacticalarms.com/Griffin-Muzzle-BrakeFlash-Hider-Flashlight-Adapter_p_18.html

http://www.sdtacticalarms.com/End-Cap_p_50.html

Wow, cool find!

I dont have enough internet to watch the whole video, but do you just buy the maglight body, a special end cap for both sides, and an insert to slide in?

Then you get their muzzle break for screw on application?

I have a muzzle brake for an aac suppressor, but I would gladly build my own and get one of theirs, and then maybe I could sell my aac break...

I also just ordered a threaded barrel for the 1911! Sig emailed me and said that they accidentally ordered 60 extra, and that they would sell one to me for a %10 discount, free shipping, and no tax. Best part, no gunsmithing, and the warranty I said goodbye to a long time ago wont be affected... lol

Valid points without attacking or being rude.

Its funny, Ive never been banned from an internet forum for having an opinion different than someone elses. But whatever. Ill make sure when I move to tucson and im at the range that i ask around for some of you and see if your in person comments are the same as behind a screen. I didnt come here to insult anyone or fught, I came here to learn more about the different things my rifle had to offer me. Ive been a member of the XDtalk.com forum since 2004 and not a problem.

But I will point out that I didnt break any of the following official forum rules while others did, but im the new comer so of course just like america, get rid of anything that challenges the status quo. If any of you actually knew me, youd know how passionate I am about ALL of our rights especially the Second Ammendmant. And how anti government I am.

PS here are the site rules, which I didnt break any btw

Rules:

1. No conversations in which the subject content relates to circumventing federal, state and local firearm laws

2. No advertising or product promotion without being a site sponsor. This includes promotion through an avatar or your signature. Contact administrator imschur for details on the possibility of becoming a sponsor.

3. Treat each other with respect. We have a zero tolerance for trolling, instigating and lying.

4. If you disagree be factual do not rely on word of mouth and rumors.

5. No derogatory remarks about people, websites and manufacturers. If you have an issue with a manufacturer back it up with evidence such as pictures.

6. Representing this site for your own gain elsewhere on the net.

7. Do not register under multiple accounts

8. No racist or hate remarks

9. No inappropriate pictures and subject matter

10. Represent yourself truthfully - Do not misrepresent your status, position, rank etc

Walk into a public place say a bar, a restaurant hell maybe even a range run your lips with out knowing anyone the same thing will happen you'll prolly end up with a broken nose and a few missing teeth........ I didn't serve but I've got many friends and family who have and the only person I've ever heard have an opinion like you is some left wing Obama nut swinger.

Been at xd talk for four years that explains a lot bet your a member at ar15.com too. Go run your month some where else troll!!!

177C58D7-56F3-4CFD-8087-E375681DC255_zps

Wow, cool find!

I dont have enough internet to watch the whole video, but do you just buy the maglight body, a special end cap for both sides, and an insert to slide in?

Then you get their muzzle break for screw on application?

I have a muzzle brake for an aac suppressor, but I would gladly build my own and get one of theirs, and then maybe I could sell my aac break...

I also just ordered a threaded barrel for the 1911! Sig emailed me and said that they accidentally ordered 60 extra, and that they would sell one to me for a %10 discount, free shipping, and no tax. Best part, no gunsmithing, and the warranty I said goodbye to a long time ago wont be affected... lol

If you check their site, they offer 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 adapters. All of which should be used once paperwork is approved. You can make a solvent trap with the components, but I wouldn't purchase the freeze plugs until after approved though, j2mc.  <thumbsup>

Edited by george_995

https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpetitions.whitehouse.gov%2Fpetition%2Fremove-suppressors-nfa-regulated-item%2FwVgXbqP8&h=UAQGfVlJK&enc=AZOPlaSbv2OxuBLgwSLOZVfh5X7qMZCPDdOhp_f9CxbrqlTa5CYkFqRaaU0J7dMgK2F6uvGRPWzEPX5VYuRuF8OoKMPY792hgFajDrNAtMkTLDcXkLeljRotyq3rgOdCM7rB_k1s0EG5LqMTmLzMiOTg&s=1

Thanks for the good info George!

On the original pourpose of this thread, the petition doesn't have nearly enough signatures! This is crazy to me! I would have thought that it would have had 100,000 signatures in one week...

If you havent already signed and shared the petition, please do! Here is the link again.

Edited by beachmaster