• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

name the boy

blue109

crunch time, and we still have no name. my daughter is Luna. we initially thought we were having a girl and chose Nova. liked the idea of keeping the celestial theme going. turns out he's a he. wife still likes Nova, I think is sounds a little to girlie. don't want anything common or trendy. post up any cool boy names you may have seen. ethnicity is Spanish/Mexican and Irish/slavic. been looking in mythology...astronomy...astrology...throw some stuff out there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hunter and Orion were both on the list. hunter is a little too common these days and Orion didn't call out to me. we looked at words like sun and sky in different languages but havnt liked anything enough.

Agreed I've always liked hunter but way played out these days

"Betelgeuse"

The shoulder star of Betelgeuse is visibly orange-red in colour - because it is a red giant star. Rigel, at Orion's foot, is another very bright star. Beneath the belt is the Orion Nebula.

In ancient Ireland, the constellation was not known as Orion, but was probably the stellar representation of the great king, Nuadu of the Silver Hand.

"Betelgeuse"

The shoulder star of Betelgeuse is visibly orange-red in colour - because it is a red giant star. Rigel, at Orion's foot, is another very bright star. Beneath the belt is the Orion Nebula.

In ancient Ireland, the constellation was not known as Orion, but was probably the stellar representation of the great king, Nuadu of the Silver Hand.

I started reading this thread and that name popped into my head. Read further down and DNP had suggested it. The only problem is it also sometimes references the guy in the furnace down under. How about a Celtic name? Maybe Brendan?

I won't lie. I'm sort of bias towards Rob. Lol

The names I suggested to my wife, that were all vetoed:

● Roman

● Judge

● Angel (although he did get Angelo as a middle name)

There were more, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

I had a buddy named Ursa. My buddy named his son Ronan, which is Celt for "oath".

Names we have on reserve... just in case... are Wade and Colt.