• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ordered a new complete upper

wfojon

Hi guys,

I've been a PSA fan for a few years and last year when they announced they'd be adding ar10's I said I'd build one. Well today they  put complete PA10, 308 DPMS style uppers on sale and I ordered one on the spot. I will update when I get it and try it out, can't wait. :banana:

Jon

Damn man that is a steal for 599.00

That FFT is 170 on its own. Any barrel worth its salt will be 270+. A complete BCG for 200-300ish depending on the parts and 30-50 for a charging handle...

Id say PSA did you right bud. :)

Not to mention you get to go back on them if it doesnt feed like a champ!

Good stuff right there.

Edited by AdamO

We'll know he isn't a plant when he gets his Boberg.

Hahahaa.... You might be waiting a while on that one!  But I promise you I'm no plant.  I love fast cars, loud guns, big titties, and baseball (in no particular order) and he who dies with the most toys wins! <thumbsup>

i just received  my PSA PA10 complete upper. i was able to attach it to my DPMS lower but i was unable to pull the charging handle back. seems very tight so i tried with some force and was able to pull it back but the bolt jambed up in the buffer tube. i had to pull the rear take down pin to release the bolt. i also tried using my dpms bolt in the psa receiver with the same problem.anyone else notice this problem.

Hi,

I got my PSA PA10 upper a few days ago and I also planned on using a DPMS lower. After doing some fitting work, a lot I had to cut down the top of the buffer tube screw in to get the charging handle to clear, I got them mated and ran into the same problem with the bolt catch. If you take the bolt catch out you can cycle the bolt but put a mag in the gun and the bolt carrier drags on the lips of the mag and jambs.

I've came to the conclusion that the PSA is a hi-bread AR15 just stretched and the upper and lower are mostly proprietary to each other. I might just get a DPMS upper and use all the parts.

Jon

I don't have any pictures, sorry, I'll see what I can do.

I probably don't know the right term but on the lower where the buffer tube screws in, the top shelf was too high and hit the charging handle. I probably cut at least two thousands off to get the charging handle to move freely.

I bought the complete PSA PA10 lower build kit for my TM stripped lower. The supplied take down pin and the pivot pin are AR15 items not the longer DPMS pins and the bolt catch is the AR15 style.

After careful examining the upper I found the bolt sits closer to the lower with this upper and when I put the magazine in it hung up on the mag lips and the reason the bolt catch doesn't work is that when you close up the gun the upper has a wider section there that pushes out the top of the bolt lock/release out to hold it in the locked position. The parts kit came with the roll pin to pin the catch/release on the outside of the lower like a AR15 not the recessed one with a screw pin like on the DPMS style. I have both types of guns here so I can compare.

Jon