• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Who wants to go shooting in Tucson after Christmas?

beachmaster

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shibi and big D bailing out made us sad panda. I got there early and I was running low on ammo by the time the Phoenicians showed up. 98 brought an arsenal that would shame some small countries. very cool to meet beach. got to see some Dane Armory goodies. shot so much my finger hurts. spent almost 7 straight hours banging away steady. got my AR pistol dialed. that nasty little beast ran like a top on everything, including 150rds of tula and wolf. was a good day indeed.

post-12215-0-26615400-1419817812_thumb.j

YEAH!!!  :hethan:  Meeting up with everyone was awesome, as usual!  Meeting new people is the icing on the cake - Beach (Jacob)...  Damn good to meet you, my good man, as well as your wife, your Dad and your little brother.  That little brother has some shooting skills. 

Don't let Beach fool you guys about it being hard to motivate his wife to shoot - SHE SHOT THE 338 LAPUA MAGNUM!!!  :banana:

Blue, I don't know if you noticed or not, but when you shot the 460, I ran over there to eat some recoil...  <lmao>  I avoided it after that...  <laughs>

Jacob's dad had the 500 S&W Magnum lever gun, and I put a a couple out of that monster.  Thank god that thing is a rifle, and not a pistol.  Holy Sheeit!  Thank him again when you talk to him - thanks for bringing out the 338 LM and the LAR 50.  That thing was insane.

It was chilly.  Jon opened the range at 0800, and blue was there right away.  It was something like 30 or 32 degrees at my house at 0800.  I didn't leave until 0920, and it was still under 40.  I got there around 1030, and it was still decently chilly - put on gloves to unload everything (which took forever).  It was probably up to 50 at some point in the day, and stayed up there until the sun started going down. 

^^^  That was intentional - I was waiting for someone to say something... <lmao>

Jon's video will be better, when he posts it up.  I had the solid backplate on the GoPro, instead of the vented one, so the sound is very low.  The solid backplate is supposed to be used for filming "over 100mph..."  <laughs>

Brother, the biggest container we had available was 2-liter soda jugs, and we crammed one with 3.5lbs of the mix.  That was the last vid up there.  I'll find a bigger container.  <thumbsup>

I still have 4.5lbs in one of the bags you sent, and another 3lbs of my stuff, so we have a "bigger charge" coming in the near future, for sure. 

We worked up today - those skinny little water bottles you buy in 12-packs at the grocery store hold about 1.25lbs of tannerite.  Next up was one of those American Eagle plastic mini-ammo cans for .223 Rem ammo.  That holds 2lbs.

I'll find a big jug, brother, and set it off.  :hethan:

2lbs in one of these:

federal-american-eagle-223-remington556-

Ps. Wasn't there some talk about mid evil tools?

I drove the little Nissan today - packed with as much as I could pack in it.  I'll need to use the Dodge and pull the trailer in order to get the trebuchet out there.  That WILL happen, and soon!  <lmao>

Shibi was a No Show today, with his drums...  I was ready to make one of those things fly.  He's got the Yellow Fever or something...  <dontknow> <laughs>

(^^^  stolen racist joke from today on the range, directly from blue109...  :hethan:)

Edited by 98Z5V