Matrix .338 Federal Pig Puncher

98Z5V

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, survivalshop said:

And the new Lube is ?

Been working with an additives manufacturer for the last 2.5 years, in the motorcycle industry.  Turns out, personally, he's a firearms guy.  The topic of lube came up, and he mixed up a concoction that he's gonna market.  I've been his beta tester.  I've used it on the break-in of the last two AR-15s, but those little things will run bone-dry when new.  This is the first large-frame AR I've finished since I got the product.

I will send out some samples to any well-respected, contributing members.  I'll contact those of you.  Give it a whirl, contact me with recommendations, give me back a quick write-up on it...  :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

put me on the list for some, I have a shitpot full of dirty rifles, pistols and shotguns needing their yearly cleaning and lubeing, whether they need it or not.

Any of them blued, Mack?  Meaning, blued metal, not parkerized?

I've got some other stuff for you, for blued metal, if you've got that. I'm sure you do, man.

Don't you HATE wiping all that down with a silicone cloth, then worrying if you touched it,...only to store it,and find you DID touch it, when you see that rusty fingerprint on a part of the barrel?  That's acid on your skin that does that.

I've got something you can wipe on that neutralizes acid, after it's wiped on.  You could wipe down your blued shotgun barrels, then grab them by the barrels to put them in the safe - never have a mark on them, WAY down the road...  :thumbup:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've got some other stuff for you, for blued metal, if you've got that. I'm sure you do, man.

Don't you HATE wiping all that down with a silicone cloth, then worrying if you touched it,...only to store it,and find you DID touch it, when you see that rusty fingerprint on a part of the barrel?  That's acid on your skin that does that.

I've got something you can wipe on that neutralizes acid, after it's wiped on.  You could wipe down your blued shotgun barrels, then grab them by the barrels to put them in the safe - never have a mark on them, WAY down the road...  :thumbup:

YUP!!!! or the nickel slide on my XD 40

6 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Why did you go through the trouble to nickel plate your XD?

I didn't (assumed I guess) the silver slide on my XD isn't stainless I know that much. I gotta wipe it down every time I handle it other wise it goes from silver the grayish

Edited by shepp

3 minutes ago, shepp said:

I didn't (assumed I guess) the silver slide on my XD isn't stainless I know that much 

One of the most brilliant market schemes ever.  It used to be "stain less" steel.  Then someone mushed the words together.

Due to federal law requirements, stainless steel used in firearms must be magnetic and, therefore, can rust.

The only parts rusting on my melonite coated XD pistols is the rear sight, from the sweat dripping off my fatass.

5 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

One of the most brilliant market schemes ever.  It used to be "stain less" steel.  Then someone mushed the words together.

Due to federal law requirements, stainless steel used in firearms must be magnetic and, therefore, can rust.

The only parts rusting on my melonite coated XD pistols is the rear sight, from the sweat dripping off my fatass.

My hands are allways sweaty so it's a bad combo, lesson learned....... what I should do is get it cerakoted

Edited by shepp

1 hour ago, planeflyer21 said:

Many grades of SS , even in Knifes , the ones that have a higher carbon content are much easier to sharpen or some are very hard . All SS Firearms are made of different grades of SS to be able to function with out galling , which was the biggest issues with the first all SS firearms . I believe Ruger figured it out & got the right combo of SS's to get them to work reliably .

My two tone XDM is supposed to have a SS slide .

Edited by survivalshop

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I've got something you can wipe on that neutralizes acid, after it's wiped on.  You could wipe down your blued shotgun barrels, then grab them by the barrels to put them in the safe - never have a mark on them, WAY down the road...  :thumbup: (this sounds great!

Yes I have all blued firearms, a couple are ones I blued myself with Brownell hot bluing salts except for my Parkerized M1A,black AR rifles and stainless mini-14 and a couple of stainless pistols, one aluminum framed Colt Frontier Scout.22Lr. and one browned custom built (by me) .50 Cal mountain rifle muzzleloader. I have Winchester, Ithaca, Remington and Franchi shotguns, all factory blued

For years I have been wiping down everything with a wet Hoppes  #9 patch and not handling with bare hands before putting them up and have had good luck keeping them rust free, I sometimes wipe them down with a silicone cloth, but it won't take off salt from sweat.

DAMN, I see that I have too many guns!

Maybe I need to open a pawn shop.

43 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

DAMN, I see that I have too many guns!

Maybe I need to open a pawn shop.

I will not tolerate that kind of hate speach here on our forum!!! Don't make me punish you!!!!!!!!!!

side note: I do have a very loving home for unwanted and unloved firearms

1 hour ago, shepp said:

I will not tolerate that kind of hate speach here on our forum!!! Don't make me punish you!!!!!!!!!!

side note: I do have a very loving home for unwanted and unloved firearms

Sorry Masser Shepp sir, I gonna have to plead animated temporary senility, concerning having too many guns. I reckon maybe I just need some more secure storage. Please don't hit me again!

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

" My gun safe is to small" sez everyone here.:thumbup:

Thats the problem it costs me a project that i see fit ! I really need another safe! I was looking earlier. Damn they are not cheep but neither is my investment so i think after my next purchase it will BE a safe! I have a locking filing cabinet for my lower $ guns but thats just silly!! Fuk me if there is a fire! 

Best purchase is my monitored security with fire/ smoke/glass! Cameras too!

Big bad ass dogs too! 

IMG_2364.PNG

Edited by sketch
Shits