• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Canning anyone??

shepp

9 hours ago, shepp said:

Love it! 

im coming up for tomatoes next year, my garden was an epic fair this year! 

you guys making any stocks/broth? I’m finishing venison stock today. I’ll post up about it when I’m done.   

Majority of people had problems with their tomatoes. Amish just are blessed by God in the garden. 😂

we have some soup bone frozen, but we have no stocks/broth. We do have full soups and stews with meat and veggies canned. Also we take our canned venison and save all the juices from the jar after the solids are eaten, and we use that as broth for different things, just isn’t as much of it. 

and Neal, make me a list of things you want from the Amish up here and you can pre-order in bulk if you want. It’s not uncommon for us to pre-order sometimes 5 bushels of something and when they get that amount picked, they will hold onto it and get to a non-Amish person to borrow their phone. 

7 hours ago, DNP said:

I know, right?

she got a sister?….asking for a friend. 

she has a younger sister who is lazy and useless, makes poor decisions and doesn’t plan for the future. I like you all to much to do that to any of you… including Neal. Lol.

I will show you all more once we finish canning and building the shelves for the year. Just come hold out with me if the apocalypse does happen 😉

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/4/2021 at 8:03 PM, ARTrooper said:

Majority of people had problems with their tomatoes. Amish just are blessed by God in the garden. 😂

we have some soup bone frozen, but we have no stocks/broth. We do have full soups and stews with meat and veggies canned. Also we take our canned venison and save all the juices from the jar after the solids are eaten, and we use that as broth for different things, just isn’t as much of it. 

and Neal, make me a list of things you want from the Amish up here and you can pre-order in bulk if you want. It’s not uncommon for us to pre-order sometimes 5 bushels of something and when they get that amount picked, they will hold onto it and get to a non-Amish person to borrow their phone. 

she has a younger sister who is lazy and useless, makes poor decisions and doesn’t plan for the future. I like you all to much to do that to any of you… including Neal. Lol.

I will show you all more once we finish canning and building the shelves for the year. Just come hold out with me if the apocalypse does happen 😉

I think next year my mom and I will probably do a bushel each. I fucked up my garden and it’s all my fault I can’t blame the weather. But im also done with tomatoes I got a fungus in my soil and it’s alot easy to drive up there and buy from them than it is to replace my soil. 

we can do a trade, I got lots of broth, it’s great for stews soups and chili. I know you don’t make it down here a lot but if you do gimme a shout! 

im also going to clean out the freezer this winter and can all the old meat I have in there 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:10 PM, DNP said:

Younger and makes poor life decisions? 

hmmmm. 

😂😂😂😂😂

I started this last Sunday went into Monday, next time I need to remember to start it on a Fri night or sat morning. Roasted 4-6 venison leg bones for an hour with a decent amount of meat on them, they were also sawed open to expose the marrow. Put them in a large stock pot and simmered for over 24 hours adding veggies and herbs in the last 2-3 hours. Today I skimmed the fat off the top and warmed it up prepped my jars and pressure canned 14 quarts. I put another 5 cups in the fridge which I’ll use to make chili verde tomorrow. 

FB30E143-3E0F-4F93-919C-5D7982D991E3.jpeg

D48BFD18-3765-4A89-8B7E-6C89E68991F2.jpeg

132E2818-6019-4F45-AA09-0150CF8DAE2C.jpeg

28AD5AF3-ED49-47CE-9754-A68019C01AC1.jpeg

787E9134-5BC1-43FB-B36F-CF97AC51AE2E.jpeg

@shepp I will ask Elizabeth if she wants to do any trading. Lol. We don’t use broth a lot but damn does yours look good the whole process through brother. 

@Magwa yes I did marry way above my pay grade. She cooks, homeschools the three boys, coupons, helps cut up deer and other animals, cans, sews, and she is also a trophy wife, especially since she lost over 60 pounds last year and is the best shape of her life. Just not the best house keeper, but nobody is perfect. Lol.

@jtallen83 and @unforgiven we may have ticked off the local Walmart stockers because every time the jars or lids come into stock, we buy as much as possible. Plus we have ordered them a lot offline and had them delivered. We have slowed down a lot on buying jars and regular mouth lids the last month or two because we have plenty. Although wife is still trying to get more widemouth lids and on her way to the store to get half gallon jars that are supposedly in stock. 😂

@Rsquared idk if we will be a rally point because we might want to be taking our goods south to warmer climates if shtf. 😂

@DNP, @98Z5V, and any of you other degenerates, I could care less if you went for my wife’s younger sister. I was just protecting all you horndogs from a girl that will definitely need some training. Lol. You all are over qualified for her. She usually only goes for guys with warrants, felony records, probation or parole, no valid license, no insurance, no job, no place of living, no education, at least two baby mammas and not taking care of their children, living off the tax payers, and abusive. So by all means, one of you please whip that girl into shape, but I am not responsible for the hard work it might be. 😂

On 12/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, ARTrooper said:

@shepp I will ask Elizabeth if she wants to do any trading. Lol. We don’t use broth a lot but damn does yours look good the whole process through brother. 

I use it in soups/stews/chili, used it last weekend to make chili verde 

390F5F3C-6C87-4C4E-B49A-0F9C67E34A6B.jpeg

885CAD4E-58D7-41BF-86CC-DEB0CAEDA9F9.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Hey, hey, hey, how did I get into that one?!...   :lmao:

by laughing earlier at the poor life decisions comment… and since you are the king of the degenerates here, any girl that winds up with you is probably making some sort of poor life decision. 😂

just making fun of you because I love you. Would be freaking epic if you dated my wife’s sister. I think they would get pissed at how well we get along and “encourage” each other. Lol

4 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

just making fun of you because I love you. Would be freaking epic if you dated my wife’s sister. I think they would get pissed at how well we get along and “encourage” each other. Lol

Now you're talking scary shiit!   :lmao:   This could go places...    :banana:

4 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

When I told Elizabeth you wanted to trade, I swear to God she asked if she was trading her sister for some of your canned broth. :lmao:

also that looks really really good

From the way you’ve been selling her, that doesn’t seem like a very fair trade. 

7 hours ago, DNP said:

From the way you’ve been selling her, that doesn’t seem like a very fair trade. 

Well pretty sure she puts out, but that’s of no use to my wife or I. So fair trade for both parties. 😂

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Pics of the sister...   :lmao:

:ttiwwop:

Yesterday I send a nice “Ball” pic and I get nothing, now I want pics of some chick. Where is the love for my Balls? 😂

Fine Tom, I guess we are killing this thread, gonna probably be another page before we get back on track. 
51FC5A2E-0720-4B85-9C61-389E883B76CE.thumb.jpeg.7f083ad789c2b3c605c1793df5e7877c.jpeg72DDD0F5-1F90-4BDD-A7FD-F365CFD1350E.thumb.jpeg.efee894a8a3cdfcc83dde6df2af34b66.jpeg56298EE2-860F-45C2-9F0F-3B58181D4EFF.thumb.jpeg.d830850f8d5e04315a7419fa722dd4c6.jpegCE1BD37D-AD72-4812-8315-46468CEC2F46.thumb.jpeg.101655dee9cfe2a1256ddf5de0e85a93.jpeg

So, you really want us to talk about your balls being kept on a shelf?  I suppose we could do that.  Your wife even got you to build the shelf she planned to keep your balls on. That’s an impressive woman right there. 

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from @shepp .  I hope he didn’t fall down the stairs while running to see how many jars of broth he has. 

On 12/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, DNP said:

So, you really want us to talk about your balls being kept on a shelf?  I suppose we could do that.  Your wife even got you to build the shelf she planned to keep your balls on. That’s an impressive woman right there. 

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from @shepp .  I hope he didn’t fall down the stairs while running to see how many jars of broth he has. 

I was sick Wednesday,Thursday. went back to work yesterday, and am in call I’ve been pretty much working since yesterday at 8 am. I have no capacity for  counting or whit at this moment 

On 12/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, shepp said:

I was sick Wednesday,Thursday. went back to work yesterday, and am in call I’ve been pretty much working since yesterday at 8 am. I have no capacity for  counting or whit at this moment 

We’ll the sister in law is a CNA so she could take care of you and nurse you back to health. 😂

On 12/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

Oh, this is straight up TROUBLE.   We'll get the thread back on track.  But I don't know how...  :lmao:

hey you asked for pictures. Figured you would like the bikini pic and then I can also show off my trophy wife at the same time… just wondering when she will realize she is way out of my league. Lol.