• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ramblerman here...how y'all doin'?

Ramblerman

Hey all,

Just made my first post and shepp suggested I intro myself (thanks sir?).  Anyhow, just a retired Marine helicopter mechanic here that's been a gun guy his whole life.  I do and enjoy a lot of different things from hot rods and drag racing (see me at Ramblerman68 on YouTube) to guns and motorcycles.  I still work in the DOD, but getting the itch to move on so to speak.  I enjoy the value of sharing information via forums like this and am currently building the machine shop that is the M in Kinetic Performance and Machine.  Y'all  be safe and Semper Fi!

-Ramblerman

Kevin D

GySgt, USMC  ret'd

Thanks so much all for your support.  No matter how messed up I think our country is sometimes, I see good folks like you that give me faith and hope for a good tomorrow.  Can't thank y'all enough.  I'm so grateful and humbled.  Just wish my Marine Vietnam veteran father and his generation had got the same treatment-heroes instead of baby killers...  Shameful.  Sorry, for the rant...?.

Anyhoo, I'm in northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border....Just outta range of Cook county, hahhahaha.  Y'all be safe and God bless ?

SF

Kevin

1 hour ago, Ramblerman said:

Thanks so much all for your support.  No matter how messed up I think our country is sometimes, I see good folks like you that give me faith and hope for a good tomorrow.  Can't thank y'all enough.  I'm so grateful and humbled.  Just wish my Marine Vietnam veteran father and his generation had got the same treatment-heroes instead of baby killers...  Shameful.  Sorry, for the rant...?.

Anyhoo, I'm in northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border....Just outta range of Cook county, hahhahaha.  Y'all be safe and God bless ?

SF

Kevin

How far from Rockford are you?

2 hours ago, Ramblerman said:

SF

Kevin

Hey Kevin, not everyone from that Vietnam Era has that attitude. And thank your Father for HIS service, please. I had a couple of good friends that were at Khe Sanh and Da Nang during that time, may they rest in peace.  

I agree Sisco, thank God the Berkley-ites weren't the majority.  Just that I had parades and free beer anywhere I went after I got home from the Gulf the first time when I was just 19.  It was incredible; my Dad and Mom were so proud and glad me and my brother both made it home safe.  I like to think he felt welcomed home too.  Just wish he and his brothers had gotten the same thing we did, as those guys went through something I hope no American will ever have to see again.  Thanks for the thanks to him too and I will surely pass it on.  Sorry, I'm rambling again.... anyway, I'm about an hour and a half from Rockford, straight east.  Y'all  be safe.

SF

Kevin

Semper Fi Gunny!

46's or skids? I am a former H3, 46 A/C and Mech. Who now just fly's in MH-60S's I feel you on getting restless. The DOD isn't whet it used to be. I'm looking to retire and start my own business... not sure which way I want to go yet with that. Keep the faith and ruck on Devil Dog!

Skid Kid here SarDog.  Dad was a Crewchief on A model -46s in Vietnam though.  As luck would have it, I got to QA the last 46 through Nippi in Atsugi right as I was retiring (long story how I got there, hahaha).  I got to like the -60 when there in Japan.  Thanks for the shout man and be safe beatin' the air into submission!