• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Just signed up

AMERIKINSHIP

New to the Forum from Spokane WA. Recently I sold an Armalite AR10TAC20 that had been a pretty decent rifle. I built a couple 5.56s shortly after acquiring the AR10, they went off without a hitch. I'm glad I went with a factory complete rifle as my first. I can only imagine the pitfalls I would have had trying to build my first AR10/LR308 having zero experience with any AR's at all. After a couple years with the TAC20 I realized that I wanted to change a few things. I thought about it for quite some time and decided I'd be better off just selling it and starting from scratch.........we'll see after I get this build done if I was right or not! 

Through trying to research parts setups and what have you I kept being led back here more often than not. Figured might as well join as I'm sure I'll have some questions. Well I'm off to go start my "build thread/parts pile poop show" and see what kind of brow beating will be meted out. Hopefully I can spend more time reading and gleaning than asking stupid questions.......but I make no promises!

Roy

Edited by AMERIKINSHIP

2 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Welcome from Texas.

The only problem I see so far is that you sold your AR10.  That's like selling your first kid because you think the next one will be better.:laffs: 

These guns like company.  You shouldn't make them lonely.

That's some cruel freudian analysis! I prefer to think of it differently though. More like getting rid of an older truck with a gas engine and finally getting that nice new diesel with all the bells and whistles! I wish I could have kept the Armalite, but it had to get rolled over into this project. 

Thanks for the welcomes!

19 minutes ago, AMERIKINSHIP said:

That's some cruel freudian analysis! I prefer to think of it differently though. More like getting rid of an older truck with a gas engine and finally getting that nice new diesel with all the bells and whistles! I wish I could have kept the Armalite, but it had to get rolled over into this project. 

Thanks for the welcomes!

I completely understand the need for funds to upgrade.  I was just giving you a little crap.:thumbup:

I like the bells and whistles you have coming for your new project. 

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

The only problem I see so far is that you sold your AR10.  That's like selling your first kid because you think the next one will be better.:laffs: 

Where can you sell kids? I would like to sell both mine so I can afford guns. lol.

And welcome from Wisconsin #3

21 hours ago, AMERIKINSHIP said:

I thought about it for quite some time and decided I'd be better off just selling it

Wait a minute. Wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE!. You mean.......you can sell guns? That's a concept that I've never thought of before. :lmao:

Welcome aboard Roy, from Maryland.

Edited by Rsquared

11 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Wait a minute. Wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE!. You mean.......you can sell guns? That's a concept that I've never thought of before. :lmao:

R2; An Armalite no less. How long does AMERIKIN SHIP have to be in mourning, 7 or 8 years? Excuse me, I need to go give my AR10s a hug.

36 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Wait a minute. Wait a minute. WAIT A MINUTE!. You mean.......you can sell guns? That's a concept that I've never thought of before. :lmao:

I'm trying not to make a habit of it, but yes you can. I would advise against it if you will not be able to get through the mental anguish of doing so :cool:

Seriously though it was not an easy thing to do. Almost told the guy nevermind as he was getting ready to put cash in my hand! And let me tell you he had barely even caught glimpse of the rifle as I opened the case and he slapped that wad a cash in my hand like BAM!

OMGFMO YOU SOLD IT?  What did it do to deserve such a fate?  Casting an innocent AR10 to perdition like that...oh the gunmanity.  What if the new owner doesn't take care of it and it gets rusty?  Will it get a nice warm safe to sleep in?  Will they take it out for walks once in a while? :)

Welcome to from Texas!

• 3 weeks later...