What are you listening to?

Bigfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Magwa said:

Good one 98 those guys just keep bringing it...

Here's another slightly different version of it, brother.  With credits to Kenny Wayne Shepherd (the original songwriter, 1997), Brantley Gilbert, and Brian May - all in the vid together.   This is a big tip of the hat to First Responders, by FFDP. :hail:

Quote slide at the end of this one:

These brave men and women leave their homes every morning not knowing if they'll ever see their families again.  Yet they make a conscious choice to do so for the greater good. To protect all of us.

- Five Finger Death Punch

Edited by 98Z5V

I love music, all of it.  Bands with a real message, though - are by far my favorites.  In the early '90s, it seems like the only band with a real message was QueensRyche.  There was a real meaning in all of their lyrics, and they turned it into music - and art.  Next one that hit me was Disturbed, and Dave Draiman.  They are epic.  Draiman is well educated, with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government, Philosophy, and Business Administration.  There's meaning in the lyrics of all their songs. 

Then, you have FFDP.  No band has every done more for the military, ever.  What they do for First Responders is unreal.  They give back to the organizations that support those efforts - and they always have a strong, clear message, in every song.  It's "not just music" for them. 

That's the music that moves me.  That's 3, 2, and 1, right there.  For those reasons. 

Any band that can recreate an original - and do it better than the original...  Amazing.

Me too having been a hard rock and roll drummer for over 50 years it almost got to where there was no music worth listening too but I too am a big Queensryche fan love operation Mind crime, and Evolution, also love Disturbed, FFDP, also have most of Kenny Wayne shepherds stuff and over a thousand Blues and Blues based CD's I have to hear music that drives me and evokes emotion...Disturbeds version of sounds of silence is a true masterpiece.....also love Pink Floyd Allman Brothers and any Guitar driving rock and roll ......

On 5/10/2019 at 5:56 AM, Magwa said:

Me too having been a hard rock and roll drummer for over 50 years it almost got to where there was no music worth listening too but I too am a big Queensryche fan love operation Mind crime, and Evolution, also love Disturbed, FFDP, also have most of Kenny Wayne shepherds stuff and over a thousand Blues and Blues based CD's I have to hear music that drives me and evokes emotion...Disturbeds version of sounds of silence is a true masterpiece.....also love Pink Floyd Allman Brothers and any Guitar driving rock and roll ......

Saw Floyd twice on the same tour.  Austin Civic Center in  1998  1988,  FUCKING CRAZY PERFORMANCE!!!.  Got moved to Fort Devens, Mass in 1989 for a short training course, and heard on the radio that they were playing Foxboro Staduim - grabbed tickets and WENT!  That one was even crazier than the concert in Austin!   :banana:

Disturbed version of Sound of Silence is artwork, brother.  Just artwork.   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

@Magwa you'll get a kick out of this one, brother.  Here's a "professional voice coach of the stars" critiquiing Dave Draiman,and Sound of Silence - she's never heard of him,or heard him sing this before.  The comments are EPIC...   :laffs:

God was just showing off a little bit when he created David Draiman

No it's not the mic, it's his vocal cords.. He was born with autotune in his neck, it's a rare birth trait gifted among God's....

There are so many more...

:lmao:

Yeah there are so many Tards on the internet when it comes to music the man is a exceptional singer the way he did this song is indeed a work for the Gods loved the comments..... I have not seen them live but i would love too.. road trip?????