• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are you listening to?

Bigfoot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/7/2020 at 2:44 AM, 98Z5V said:

FML...   The Rabbit Hole... and I fell in it.

No way to tell Anthrax from Kansas on this one.  Never been a cover more perfect than this, ever.  Anthrax crushed it. 

Carry On Wayward Son...

Kinda hard to believe, right? - if you know both these bands?...   :laffs:

Here’s a bad ass cover for you 

5 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Woodwinds from grade through high school. Jammed out on tenor and bari sax for a while doing jazz shows after and was in a Bosstones cover band for a bit. Played around with bass and acoustic guitar and will probably go that route, as my buddy is pushing me that way.

I never knew that, brother.  Not in the least.  That information blows me away, about you, I mean that.  

At one point, I owned a soprano, alto, and tenor sax.  I still have the alto.  I perfected this sax rip in high school, on tenor- the controlled squeaks and everything:

I need to get that alto in for work, and get all the pads replaced.  Once I get off my ass and do that, I want to get this electronic-keyboard-guitar intermission down to a science - this would RIP with a sax!  It's made to be ripped up on a sax.

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

The only real regret I have in life is that I never learned an instrument. Hell I can barely play the radio.

You ain’t gone yet!  My dad picked up the banjo a couple years ago as a hobby. I don’t believe he’s mastered it, but he was learning just fine for a....well, I’d say older gentleman, but I think he’s younger than most of you folks. 

55 minutes ago, DNP said:

You ain’t gone yet!  My dad picked up the banjo a couple years ago as a hobby. I don’t believe he’s mastered it, but he was learning just fine for a....well, I’d say older gentleman, but I think he’s younger than most of you folks. 

My wife actually bought me a banjo about a year ago - I really like bluegrass.

i have yet to do anything with it - maybe it’s time.

It IS time. He won his banjo, maybe more of a ukulele as its one of those short bastards, in a raffle at a bluegrass festival he went to with some of his old camping buddies. Likes bluegrass and his retired friends who travel around and camp out at a few each year - talked him into going. He picked up a book or two, watched some YouTube videos and away he went.

When I find time, I need to get back into the guitar. Trying to get my oldest into piano lessons and I wouldn’t mind taking a few of those as well. 

we keep at it, 308AR is going to have a full band. We’re going to have an odd sound with The wood winds, banjos, pianos and gunfire....but maybe it’ll take off.