• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello

Cletus

I am from Texas, wanting to build a 308 rifle. Dont know much about ar-10/lr308/sr25's.  So I joined hoping to learn.  I like to hunt, fish, and i like plants especially the edible ones.  Love to garden and grow fruit and nut trees.  not one for intros really, but i listed most of the things  am mainly interested in. 

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Welcome Cletus, please tell me that is your real name. lol.

Sisco, my wife got 8 dozen sweet corn for $10 because the farmers can't sell it fast enough so they have to get rid of it!

LoLz.  No its not my real name.  I dont really put my personal info on the internet.  Not because i am trying to hide anything but because there are some unsavory characters out there and i have had someone steal my identity before.  I picked this name, and use it other places on the internet, because I am really a backwoods type and everyone I know, even my family, makes fun of me from time to time about my accent.  So I thought what is the most bumpkin name I can think of.  When I looked it up i learned it was greek and it means "glory."  I knew right then my search was over. 

7 hours ago, Cletus said:

I picked this name, and use it other places on the internet, because I am really a backwoods type and everyone I know, even my family, makes fun of me from time to time about my accent.  So I thought what is the most bumpkin name I can think of.  When I looked it up i learned it was greek and it means "glory."  I knew right then my search was over. 

I like this guy already - welcome aboard. 

3 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

We have two Bubbas and now a Cletus, we are one BBQ away from a helluva g’time!!

we appreciate you joining us, but we’ll see how much you appreciate us back after we help you spend all your money on your first build. 

I already appreciate an environment on the internet where some... will not be missed. 

18 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Lol. Someone has been reading 

I laughed yesterday when I saw his response, and thought the same exact thing - "We got a reader here, men!"  I almost posted that last night, but I didn't wanna scare Cletus off yet.

Cletus, that's not a bad thing - it's a good thing.  Most of the time, the people that show up and simply implode within "days-or-10-posts" is amazing...  and you know they never saw that one before the implosion...   :laffs:

Hello from Comanche County Texas. I am an old school retired oil patch codger and gun shop owner that used to think the AR platform was for playtime. But as curiosity gave me an itch I bought a cheap DPMS LR308 and joined this bunch and started learning.  I figured that by tearing it down and asking questions I could get educated.  It has worked, mainly because of my experiences and the knowledge of these guys.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:57 PM, Cletus said:

LoLz.  No its not my real name.  I dont really put my personal info on the internet.  Not because i am trying to hide anything but because there are some unsavory characters out there and i have had someone steal my identity before.  I picked this name, and use it other places on the internet, because I am really a backwoods type and everyone I know, even my family, makes fun of me from time to time about my accent.  So I thought what is the most bumpkin name I can think of.  When I looked it up i learned it was greek and it means "glory."  I knew right then my search was over. 

oh now I am disappointed. lol. that's really an epic name

19 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Thank Yall for the welcome.

Thanks for joining. Especially after reading...   :laffs:

We need more people that know what "sense of humor" means.  The uptight ones get old quick.  You seem like you'll be quite alright.  :thumbup: