Lets See your 300 blackout pistols

washguy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch that gas block area - tape it off.  Don't go heavy in front of it, either.  You'll never get that bitch on there.  I'd install it, and tape IT up, so you don't have to worry about getting it on after paint.  If it ever has to come off, smack that bitch with the deadblow hammer - drift it off with a piece of wood - until it chews up the paint in front of it and comes off - then repaint.

haven't found what it likes yet. Still shooting cheap stuff to break it in. But it groups the cheap 150 grain Aguila hollow point well at 50 . I was just playing and had 4 inch groups. Shot maybe 6 inch at 100 with the sightmark ultra red dot. Its going to be a truck gun and home protection so that's good enough for me. I have ran 150 rounds through it and only malfunction I have had was a swelled piece of brass stuck in the barrel and one was loaded and when I was empying it so I could clean a bullet pulled out of the brass and stuck in the barrell. Other than that all is well so far.

Now I need to pick out what I want to run. I have no intention to run a can so what I have been reading for what I want to do with it is 120-125 hollow point should do the job for two legged threats.

Well since you asked.....

IMG_4573.thumb.JPG.6dae2e80b830b2746ee8289c39f60017.JPG

8" CMMG barrel, 10" Homegrown form 1 suppressor, 10" el cheap CF handguard, SBA3 brace, Nikon 300 BLK scope.  3 deer so far using 200 grain Maker bullet subs.

and for comparison:

Its big(but smaller) brother

IMG_4574.thumb.JPG.8d7af080ecc8f2dfac8a1cb43584924c.JPG

Top:  12.7" barrel, 6.5 Grendel SBR, same 15" el cheap handguard cut down to 13.5"

Bottom:  300 BLK Pistol

Each upper can go on either lower and both of them have the same muzzle device so they can both wear the suppressor or the flash can. 

I haven't shot the Grendel suppressed yet.

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You ain't messing around here, Brother Jeff!!!   :hail:

Thank you Brother!  Thanks for the sba brace tip...it rocks....oughta have it shootin by the weekend...maybe?...So the dadgum present from Target sports this Christmas of a box of subsonic 300 blackout is the reason for the build.....:laffs: why not?  Ha...  Wash

18 hours ago, washguy said:

So the dadgum present from Target sports this Christmas of a box of subsonic 300 blackout is the reason for the build.....:laffs: why not?  Ha...  Wash

I hate having ammo when I don't have a gun to shoot it in.  That's why I will some day own a 10mm.  Then I can try some of @MikedaddyH's "warm" loads. lol

Why?  A bullet going about 980 fps (which mine are) through the chest of a deer is going to make it just as dead as one going 2400 fps.  The trouble is with subs you end up looking for a dead deer rather than tracking it.  Subs don't produce hydrostatic shock or huge gaping exit wounds so not much or no blood to track. 

2 of them were about 30 yards.  The 3rd closer to 40.  2 went about 25 yards and flopped, the 3rd about 100.  For me it is bow hunting with a rifle.  Short range and place your shot.  That "pistol" will consistantly put shot after shot into a quarter size hole at 50 yards.  Even smaller hole patterns closer in.  The only thing I'm changing going forward is taking neck shots to drop them where they stand.