• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from Georgia!

Peachey

Hey y'all! Another Girl shooter (not shooting girls lol, but a girl that shoots) here from west of Atlanta in beautiful GA. A bit about me, Mom first and above all, Wifey, homeschool teacher, biker, 4wd nut, and for the last 11-12yrs a very proud shooter. I was introduced to firearms by my amazing husband, who took a great deal of time and understanding with me to teach me the proper and safe basics of marksmanship. I have always been a bit of a Tomboy, and as such have never had the desire to shoot more "womenly" guns while the boys have all the big fun. My carry weapon is a A1 style officers 1911, I prefer a 12 over a 20ga, and for the last 8yrs my Mosin has been my go-to deer camp rifle. Needless to say, I'm not opposed to recoil. I learned early on that proper position and grip make all the difference. I plan to make another topic soon on this, and better explain why I'm here, but I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to y'all. I am finishing up my first PA10 (I know right?!? Get the popcorn ready 😁) and this forum has single handedly kept us from totally pulling our hair out or scrapping the whole idea. Thank y'all, seriously!

Edited by Peachey

6 minutes ago, Peachey said:

Hey y'all! Another Girl shooter (not shooting girls lol, but a girl that shoots) here from west of Atlanta in beautiful GA. A bit about me, Mom first and above all, Wifey, homeschool teacher, biker, 4wd nut, and for the last 11-12yrs a very proud shooter. I was introduced to firearms by my amazing husband, who took a great deal of time and understanding with me to teach me the proper and safe basics of marksmanship. I have always been a bit of a Tomboy, and as such have never had the desire to shoot more "womenly" guns while the boys have all the big fun. My carry weapon is a A1 style officers 1911, I prefer a 12 over a 20ga, and for the last 8yrs my Mosin has been my go-to deer camp rifle. Needless to say, I'm not opposed to recoil. I learned early on that proper position and grip make all the difference. I plan to make another topic soon on this, and better explain why I'm here, but I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to y'all. I am finishing up my first PA10 (I know right?!? Get the popcorn ready 😁) and this forum has single handedly kept us from totally pulling our hair out or scrapping the whole idea. Thank y'all, seriously!

Welcome to the forums from a fellow shooting enthusiast and father of four, (soon to be five). We're delighted to have you join us!

Thanks y'all. I didn't realize how much of the forum I was missing not being a member, wow. Congratulations on the coming addition Matt! Yeah I absolutely love my 1911 Sisco. That's what got us started reloading in the first place. The officer model wouldn't consistantly feed factory ammo. With my specific recipe, it's a champ now.

13 hours ago, Magwa said:

well you have good taste in music......

We went to "The Big House" Muesem down in Macon for our anniversary a few years back. If your a ABB fan, it's a must do pilgrimage. We rode the bike and went to Duane and Barry's crash sites, the cemetery, etc etc. 

I have a long long history with the ABB, Duanes loss was indeed tragic..I have over 400 of their live soundboard recordings...yep I have been to many concerts great great band "eat a peach for peace " My favorite Duane saying  he was a great guy and Barry as well.....the big House is on my list but logistics are tough now.....everyone should have had the chance to see them here at the gorge.......

before the show.JPG

Derek and Greg.JPG

Wow, now that's cool! I've seen Greg before he passed, and Warren, but otherwise it's just been Hubby's bands doing covers. He does a great "Whipping Post" cover. We're just both too young to have seen Duane or Barry. Duane and Dicky are almost God's around my house lol.

24 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Welcome from New Mexico Peachey! Any woman who packs a 1911 is alright in my book. I carried one on (and off) duty for years and I've been 'smithing them for over 30 years.

Thank you. And thank you for your service too! I've developed a bit of a reputation here locally as "the girl with the pistol in the camo Jeep". I've got a local deputy that's kinda become a friend since he sees me out running errands all the time. We've talked more than once about his Sig and my 1911.

Judging by your handle, I assume your a MoPar guy? We've got a 340 Duster project in the works. Hubby is a die hard MoPar freak. Got pics of me lapping valves on the 340 8mo pregnant lolol.

Edited by Peachey

2 hours ago, Peachey said:

Judging by your handle, I assume your a MoPar guy? We've got a 340 Duster project in the works. Hubby is a die hard MoPar freak. Got pics of me lapping valves on the 340 8mo pregnant lolol.

Yup, back in the day I had a 70 Cuda 340 4spd. I sold it to pay bills when we were raising 5 kids (blended family). I had a friend give me a couple of Chrysler 392 Hemis several years ago and I ended up buying another 70 Cuda and put one of them in it after rebuilding it. Later on I pulled the 392 and sold it to a friend of mine who put it in a 35 Dodge sedan street rod he built. I swapped in a late model 5.7 Hemi. Little bastard is a screamer! My wife had a 73 Duster with a 318 when we met. That was a neat little car, wish we hadn't gotten rid of it.

41 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Yup, back in the day I had a 70 Cuda 340 4spd. I sold it to pay bills when we were raising 5 kids (blended family). I had a friend give me a couple of Chrysler 392 Hemis several years ago and I ended up buying another 70 Cuda and put one of them in it after rebuilding it. Later on I pulled the 392 and sold it to a friend of mine who put it in a 35 Dodge sedan street rod he built. I swapped in a late model 5.7 Hemi. Little bastard is a screamer! My wife had a 73 Duster with a 318 when we met. That was a neat little car, wish we hadn't gotten rid of it.

When we were in highschool he let his girlfriend drive his 73 340 Challenger sometimes. I had no idea what it was back then but I was always so jealous of her lol. The Challenger is long gone, but now I'm the one driving the cool cars/trucks. Guess I won.....