• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Somalis in Seattle?!...

98Z5V

are you fucking SERIOUS?!  There's a Somali contingent in SEATTLE, now?!!?  Dearborn, yeah, I get it. Missouri - yeah, they've been there for years. Thank You, government relocation efforts for war-torn countries.  No joke. 

But, they're taking over SEATTLE?!...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/rpyapk/all-we-know-is-violence-seattle-based-somali-rap-crew-malitia-malimob-talks-war-and-peace

Minneapolis and St. Cloud Minnesota have large Somalian communities, and interestingly enough, I have two friends, both teachers, that have had experience with them, one in each place. One’s experience is overwhelmingly negative, while the others is the exact opposite, very positive. The one had problems because their Somalian students and parents absolutely refused to assimilate to American society and behavioral norms. The other found that the Somalian students in his class had a desire and thirst for knowledge far above the other students in his inner city school, and constantly were among the highest achievers. My own interaction has found a marked contrast to other refugee groups. The Vietnamese in the 1970’s came over here and outworked everybody around them and found their place in our society. I don’t pick up much interest in doing that from this group. A big part of the problem are the church and religious aid groups that bring in refugees, collect government money to do so and “aid” them,  then do little to help them settle and assimilate. One or two follow up visits, then they are on their own, in a strange country with a strange language and completely different social norms. No wonder there are problems.

9 hours ago, Magwa said:

Indeed it is the least of their problems now that they are a sanctuary city the place looks like a third world country I will never go there again never!

I'm knee deep in the shiit, working in Pioneer Square.  If a person feels like working here it's like picking gold up off the street.  If you don't, free needles and cheap heroin and a really loud wake up call really early in the morning when you set your cardboard box/ tent/ shopping cart up in front of my construction entrance!

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Hmoung people were our allies, many left behind.

I know they were and got the short end of the stick but there have been many issues. Not far from where I deer hunt one gunned down a bunch of guys after he trespassed and was in a guys tree stand, a lot of gang issues too

This goes back to failed American Foreign Policy, nothing more.  Thank Bill Clinton for this specific current mess in the US.  The shiit was building up for a couple years, we got involved in it, 6 months later we had the largest firefight in history after VietNam.  That was 3 October, 1993.  After that, we started "bringing them to the US" as kind of a "consolation" for being a member/citizen of the country that we had warlord-problems with, over humanitarian shiit. 

And, here we are...  today...

On 9/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, Sisco said:

A big part of the problem are the church and religious aid groups that bring in refugees, collect government money to do so and “aid” them,  then do little to help them settle and assimilate. One or two follow up visits, then they are on their own, in a strange country with a strange language and completely different social norms.

My wife is a public school teacher and I hear this all the time because it's true.

Indeed Blue..... there is something that has been lost it is common sense and responsibility, when I was young if you were a drug addict and got caught you went to prison now they turn them loose without penalty that is insane to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result all the city officials should be thrown out period!

It's all about the War Against Free Shiit, brother.  That's the war that we're fighting right now.  Everybody these days just wants Free Shiit, and they'll vote for the liars that promise them the most Free Shiit - which never materializes for them.  The only thing that comes of it is giant social-experiment failures like San Francisco, LA, Detroit, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Baltimore, Philly, St Louis, Newark, and even Flint, MI...

Liberal feel-good policies, and lies of Free Shiit have destroyed some of our finest major cities.  And it keeps spreading...

Like is fucking HARD.  Harden up, motherfuckers, and quit looking for Free Shiit and handouts.  Get a fucking job and work for a living. Make something of yourself.

Edited by 98Z5V

The answer is one that many will consider inhumane, but I assure you any solution to this problem will be.  You cannot fix people who do not want to be fixed. The demons that cause these issues can not be put back in the box. Unfortunately, some of these poor souls may be salvageable, but they will go down with the majority who are not. Handouts have only grown this problem. They have not helped it one bit. The more you give them the faster the problem grows. It’s moving at exponential rates. Solving the problem over decades will mean rebuilding family values, self reliance, and accountability. That’s a pipe dream at this point. Short fused pass or fail programs with one door leading to the next session and the other leading to a giant gas chamber are likely the best bet to turn this around quickly. Inhumane for those who fail, but a saving grace for those who try and for all of the communities plagued with this issue. 

50 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

Damn 98 you are getting to be a really bad meanny,

I'm just blessed with the issue of "having no filter..."   :thumbup: If I think it, I'll say it, aloud, to whoever is around...  :laffs:And not give one fuk about it, either...  :banana:

I have the same problem no filter and I like you don't give a fuk who likes it or not truth is the truth and if people are afraid to say what they feel they are only fooling themselves.....DNP has the right idea on this sad but true you can not fix someone who has no hope no passion to live the whole country is swirling precariously at the bottom of the bowl....