• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Micro would have given me crap about this...

DNP

So, we’ve been looking for something to replace my wife’s 2007 Yukon. It’s been great, but it’s 2WD and with the occasional snow and ice we encounter I wanted to get her something with 4WD or AWD. The Yukon is at almost 200k and time to put it aside for a bit. We kept it....so I’ll have to decide what we do with it now. She wanted a new one, but the XL this time. I couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money. We’d have been looking at almost 70k to match what she had for options on a 4WD XL. 
With a 3rd kid on the way we’ll have one in a booster and one in a carrier seat. We need room for the 9 year old to get around too and from for everything that comes with a baby. A lot of the 7 passengers we looked at with captains seats in the middle row gave a great way for the older boy to get to the third row. The problem with most of them was that there would be no room for a stroller and gear in the back with the third row seats up. 
Micro have me plenty of crap when I. Ought my hybrid back in 14. Even though he drove a clown car. He would have had all kinds of jokes for this one. I know he would. We drove to Vegas yesterday to pick this up and bring it home. Dealers here couldn’t seem to get one in town. The 21’s are coming out in a few months, so they couldn’t even order one. It’ll do everything we need, but it’s a bittersweet moment. I hang my head. 

41816905-6DC6-40A4-8699-F344C03F9355.jpeg

DB1455FE-2CE0-4FFA-97EB-F7BFFAF22086.jpeg

86B56591-F636-45BD-BE56-1A69FD9699B0.jpeg

It started with a plan to buy a 4Runner. They have a bitchin looking green one. It’s just wasn’t going to be as easy space wise. Supposed to get some snow this week. Hopefully it handles well enough - can’t wait to try it out. 

was sliding the kids around in the back yesterday. I finally got to drive it and wanted to see about this “sport tuned suspension” they advertise. It’s a minivan...wtf do you mean “sport tuned”?  

it actually corners pretty well. I was impressed. 

Edited by DNP

38 minutes ago, Magwa said:

should have bought a 4 door Jeep we did last year and never looked back crazy good for whatever you want to do... I feel for ya ...

Did you buy a JK or JL? If it's a JK, keep an eye on the heater temperature. Casting sand left in the 3.6L finds its way into the heater core and clogs it up, usually on the driver's side first. Cold air for the driver, hot air for the passenger. Nothing except thorough cooling system flushes will even touch it...

I'm getting rid of my JK for exactly that reason (and the fact that we've got a 3 y/o in a car seat and a 6 m/o in a carrier, so there's little room for much else in the Jeep), and looking to get into a full-size crew cab pickup.

EDIT: Oh, also, nice ride, DNP! My wife wants all the space of a minivan, without having a minivan. So we bought her a Durango R/T last year.

Edited by COBrien

We looked at all the SUV’s with 3rd row. Thing we couldn’t figure out how to do was have 2 kids seats, the third row in use, and still fit a big ass stroller and groceries in the back. At least, not with out going to something the size of the Yukon XL. 

1 hour ago, DNP said:

We looked at all the SUV’s with 3rd row. Thing we couldn’t figure out how to do was have 2 kids seats, the third row in use, and still fit a big ass stroller and groceries in the back. At least, not with out going to something the size of the Yukon XL. 

Yeah, that's the issue we have. We get to pick between hauling people or hauling stuff in the Durango.

98% of the time, it's just us and the kids. So car seats in the second row, third row down flat. But when we have people to carry around (i.e., in-laws in from Colorado this week), the 3 y/o's car seat goes to the third row, and we now have just enough room for a golf bag and a loaf of bread back there.

Edited by COBrien