• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, jtallen83 said:

came home to a larger commercial heater with the btu's to keep up with three teenagers....... and a bill that reflected it. 

You should have went with a tankless water heater brother, never run out of hot water and it only heats on demand. At one point there was me, my wife, my two granddaughters, my son'r girlfriend, and her daughter living in our house. That's me and 5 women. That was when I put the tankless water heater in. I've never regretted it!

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

You should have went with a tankless water heater brother,

Numbers didn't work for me, kind of a surprise. Just me and the wife except family visits so low use requirements but the savings listed still didn't reach the extra cost, would have to re-plum gas or upgrade electrical service to do it, that added cost just didn't fit my and theirs life expectancy. Now the extra cost of the commercial tank was not part of the original calculations.................

On 11/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, shepp said:

We have a tankless at work and my parents have one, the cost of water in my city I’ll pay for the gas, waiting for that poop to warm up would cost me an arm and a leg. They also don’t seem to do well with the hard water here

We have really hard water here too. It's been in for about 8 years now and no problems. I do a vinegar flush on it pretty much every spring.

I love dark matter. You can’t see it. You can’t touch it. You can’t measure it because it passes through everything (though they do spend a lot of money trying). Mathematically it has to be there in order for many other equations to exist. 

Dark matter. The God of science. 

On 11/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, jtallen83 said:

Dark Matter don't matter even if a DMM group say it matters ! "some pseudo scientist " made it up because he/she couldn't do the math about gravity...Therefore,  if it is dark matter it don't matter!

gunpowder matters!

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Interesting! The good news is we still don’t know everything, because I would hate to live in a world if we did. There are already enough know it alls, we need more know it lesses

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

The good news is we still don’t know everything,

I was just about ready to buy in on whole dark matter thing when these type studies started showing up in my feeds. Who knows what miracles cracking this little dilemma could lead to, no matter what the answer turns out to be. 

....... anyone know if eggs are good or bad for me right now? Brother-in-law has figured out why eggs are cheap at the store, all the farm fresh eggs I can eat are available.

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I was just about ready to buy in on whole dark matter thing when these type studies started showing up in my feeds. Who knows what miracles cracking this little dilemma could lead to, no matter what the answer turns out to be. 

....... anyone know if eggs are good or bad for me right now? Brother-in-law has figured out why eggs are cheap at the store, all the farm fresh eggs I can eat are available.

I eat two a day, along with preservative free sausage and bacon for breakfast. No carbs except for a little from the bacon sugar cure. I feel good and my A1C is back to normal.

Well Man's best friend struck again. My pooch loves balls and loves to crunch and shred them.A baseball takes 10 minutes. So I got her a couple of heavy duty 4 inch gum rubber balls with a cover from Tractor Supply. I checked to see if they would go down the storm drain under our house. Nope too big. All was good, right? Yes, until she learned to tear the cover off one and drop it down the drain. With the cover off it is precisely 3 and 7/8 in diameter. Just the size you need to completely plug a 4 " PVC drain pipe. It rolled down about 6 feet in and settled there. No amount of suction, grappling or leverage could dislodge it. With reports of up to 1 inch of rain coming last week I had visions of a flooded driveway and possibly house. Fortunately our plumber brought over a heavy duty roto for tree roots that was able to shred it up in about half an hour. Nothing came out the bottom end but pieces of rubber. You will notice in the picture of the drain a screen in there now. Lesson learned.

IMG_20211116_135348792.jpg

IMG_20211112_133607266.jpg