• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, shooterrex said:

We had a tornado on a 200 mi path in KY. We just have trees down and standing water. The tornados were south of us.

I was just coming to check on you glad you’re safe! 

Curiosity got ahold of me this morning and I did some googling. most tornados die after six miles, this one went 200. The longest on record went 219 miles and was on the ground for 3-1/2 hours😳😳

up to a mile fucking wide twister moving thru the night for 2 hours, what a horror story 

On 12/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, Sisco said:

December? WTF?

How much snow did you get? I heard up to 20” in places.

It rained here actually it fucking poured! Top of the storm that went thru IL. Then about 3:30 am the wind switched and I woke up to the windows rattling, I really thought it was a tornado, it was the cold front coming in and snow 🤪🤪🤪nothing measurable and it was all gone after the sun came out 

1 hour ago, shepp said:

It rained here actually it fucking poured! Top of the storm that went thru IL. Then about 3:30 am the wind switched and I woke up to the windows rattling, I really thought it was a tornado, it was the cold front coming in and snow 🤪🤪🤪nothing measurable and it was all gone after the sun came out 

I got about 12" here, and @Sisco is north of me on Lake Superior.  He might have been really socked in

5 hours ago, shooterrex said:

We had a tornado on a 200 mi path in KY. We just have trees down and standing water. The tornados were south of us.

Ya'll really got hit hard, 200 miles is a long way for a tornado to be on the ground. Last i heard ya'll had 50 deaths and probably more to come.

16 hours ago, shepp said:

15 hours ago, dpete said:

I got about 12" here, and @Sisco is north of me on Lake Superior.  He might have been really socked in

Only got an inch, it was all south of us. St. Paul MN got 21 inches. 

Just had a good ole time, guess wild animals hate me. they always tryin to put a hurtin on me. The dog is raisin hell and i go out the carport door and this stinkin thing is right at the fence with the dog on the other side. 

so i go back in to get the pellet gun and can't find the pellets, when i do it's not in sight anymore. i walk around this building we have in the front yard and get to the corner and it pops out from under it and chases me all the way around it.

i can't get a shot cause that danged scope, i had it down low as i could but every time i turned to get on him he was on me. it's a breakover and i only had one shot. so i'm talkin trash to it as i'm running, like you slow if you can't catch my old ass.

Finally i get away where i can get a decent shot and nail him. if i'd had a semi i would have emptied the mag before i got around the building. and could have got on him quicker with a red dot.

I hear the wife laughin big time while this is goin on and the neighbor was too. i'm just happy nobody recorded it. I had to bury the stinkin thing and immediatly take a shower and wash clothes. 

20211218_151641.thumb.jpg.8526b84f2f355fdb906278d42c8deab4.jpg20211218_151714.thumb.jpg.fb1f4bcc989770926fe62dbcf1b8ccb1.jpg

4 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Just had a good ole time, guess wild animals hate me. they always tryin to put a hurtin on me. The dog is raisin hell and i go out the carport door and this stinkin thing is right at the fence with the dog on the other side. 

so i go back in to get the pellet gun and can't find the pellets, when i do it's not in sight anymore. i walk around this building we have in the front yard and get to the corner and it pops out from under it and chases me all the way around it.

i can't get a shot cause that danged scope, i had it down low as i could but every time i turned to get on him he was on me. it's a breakover and i only had one shot. so i'm talkin trash to it as i'm running, like you slow if you can't catch my old ass.

Finally i get away where i can get a decent shot and nail him. if i'd had a semi i would have emptied the mag before i got around the building. and could have got on him quicker with a red dot.

I hear the wife laughin big time while this is goin on and the neighbor was too. i'm just happy nobody recorded it. I had to bury the stinkin thing and immediatly take a shower and wash clothes. 

20211218_151641.thumb.jpg.8526b84f2f355fdb906278d42c8deab4.jpg20211218_151714.thumb.jpg.fb1f4bcc989770926fe62dbcf1b8ccb1.jpg

sounds like quite the hunt!

5 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Nice hat

On 12/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, Belt Fed said:

The cats winter friend came to visit the other night, it’s been wintering under my deck for a few years now, and I’ve watched it get bigger. Never hurts anything so I just leave it be and let the cats ogle it 

EB75CF60-ACE4-422D-9611-D7690FE41F7C.jpeg

On 12/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, 98Z5V said:

They can be pretty cool, until they're not.  As long as he's cool, let him stay.  They tear up alot of bad things around them, and actually do good.  Until they turn into a$sholes...   :laffs:

They are kinda like a couple of guys I used to know.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, 98Z5V said:

They can be pretty cool, until they're not.  As long as he's cool, let him stay.  They tear up alot of bad things around them, and actually do good.  Until they turn into a$sholes...   :laffs:

Exactly 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:36 AM, mrmackc said:

They are kinda like a couple of guys I used to know.

LOL me too!!