• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Random Topic Thread

Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/31/2021 at 10:58 AM, Belt Fed said:

Covid is running rampant around here now, record number of cases yesterday. i have five family members that have it now. we were exposed but it's been about six days ago.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:48 PM, shooterrex said:

Yep my sister and her husband have it. Bar hopping in Nashville.

How many of them took the jab? Just curious. I think  my daughter said the new cases coming into her hospital so far here mostly were those who were already "vaccinated " IIRC. 

9 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

Thanks, they just have cold and sinus symptoms. nothing bad. but their test was positive.

My wife tested positive on Tuesday with the same symptoms.  She feel much better now with only some residual fatigue.  I was a little congested last weekend but didn’t think anything about it.  I tested negative and have had no symptoms beyond intermittent allergies.  We will get tested today or tomorrow.   I have been off work since Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

Thanks, they just have cold and sinus symptoms. nothing bad. but their test was positive.

Had a few family members with same symptoms all tested negative. Had a few coworkers with those symptoms test positive this week. Lots of folks gonna get this one. It’s burning through places. Early stats from our county show illnesses way up, but hospitalizations and deaths still down. Will take a couple weeks to see if that holds true. All signs point to “it should”. 

Hope you all feel better soon. Hope we miss this, though I’m thinking it might be like chickenpox and be worth hanging around people who have it so we can catch this one and get it over with. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Sooner or later pretty much everyone is going to get it. Look back at the Spanish flu, killed a lot of people when it first showed up and it kept mutating. Now everyone has had some form of the flu at one time or another.

It's already been said, and I think it will eventually be confirmed that the Omicron variant is weaker. Viruses don't get stronger when they mutate, they get weaker. Scientific fact.

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Viruses don't get stronger when they mutate, they get weaker. Scientific fact.

I remember hearing that on a podcast with Dr. Malone of mRna tech fame, he rattled off a number like 98 point something percent of all viruses studied have gotten weaker as they mutated. But then how are we gonna scare people into compliance if we say schit like that? ....... I've got the pitchforks sharpened, working on the brush axe.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:12 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

My wife tested positive on Tuesday with the same symptoms.  She feel much better now with only some residual fatigue.  I was a little congested last weekend but didn’t think anything about it.  I tested negative and have had no symptoms beyond intermittent allergies.  We will get tested today or tomorrow.   I have been off work since Tuesday. 

Good news is the Omicron strain is less an infection of the lungs and more an infection of the sinuses. Seems less severe, but more resistant to vaccines and immunity from previous infections. Seems to be following the traditional viral pathway of mutating to be less fatal to the host in return for being more resistant to eradication. Cloth masks by the way are pretty much useless now. N95s and KN95’sand KF94’s are really the only masks offering any protection. Glad she isn’t severe. We just got back from Mayo but apparently didn’t pick up any infection. Incubation time on the Omicron is down to 2 days.