• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First time on a forum

Wessir

Hi all! Not likely to find myself on a range or otherwise able to meet other enthusiasts so here I am. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos to get started but now looking for more specifics. After several decades of NOT having guns I decided to pick up the hobby again.  Pretty poor timing given the Coronavirus problem. It’s been like Christmas waiting for each part to arrive. After three months I finally got a few rounds through my newly assembled 308! Happy to be in the club with all of you :)

79631E51-3898-40F6-BE91-8420D1E527F3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Wessir said:

The charging handle? Good eye! That was the last piece to arrive. This pic taken just before. Had to raise the scope also to operate it. 

Move the scope forward - it's too far back.  Most of the time, for most people, the scope works best when the end of the scope (eye piece) is just about even with the end of the upper receiver...   That allows proper eye relief on most modern scope, without getting into some weird, uncomfortable body position to get your eye relief right.   Example:

P1080374.JPG