• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BATF&E going after Q for S-B braces.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Or a 500 blackout.

I still need to work on the ammo loads for that one.  I'm ready, anytime... "Cool Season" is starting down here, and I'm all about load development for the next 8 months...4

Then it'll get hot again.

3 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Or both.....

That was the "Friends And Family" Deal, right?  Buy the .338 LM full gun, get the .500 Blackout upper with it.  Cheap, too, 

Know Rob, and you were in on the FF Deal ("know Rob, like you'd blow Rob" - THAT close...).  One complete gun, upper bonus, deal to buy a second lower (because real men have TWO guns, not 1.5 guns)...  

I know this was the real deal that was talked about, too...

I think I already blew Rob.  Where's my guns...    :popcorn:

I've got faith in the brother. The 500 isn't gonna beat you up to fire it. I can say for a fact (since I've fired one of the prototypes) that the 338 doesn't work your shoulder any more than my MRAD.

I'll let you know once I finally get mine. Waiting...................................................................................................................

On 10/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, Matt.Cross said:

If anything, the nuclear recoil and target devastation effects of your handloads have been understated.....

The 10mm did chip the glass and hit the eye doctor . And it did fragment a aluminum block and hit Shibi . Maybe it's just dangerous to stand next to me when we are doing stupid stuff.

I read a 400 page thread on ARFcom where people who actually owned the $2500 thing posted and nobody ever measured one to see if it was over the 13.5 "length of pull". I am not going to go back and read 200 more pages ;-). Nuttin about that thing made me want to sell $2500 worth of plasma to get one ;-).

• 2 months later...

Good information in this vid.  Kotaboy32 breaks it all down quite well.

Be forewarned - YT doesn't like this video, and it'll probably go down.  Save it now, if you have that capability.

Edited by 98Z5V

Read this -it doesn't get any more official, or from a more official source, than THIS right here.  Period.

https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-27857.pdf

It's a .pdf link - I know, you have to click it and open it, just to read it.  That's the best way to get it to you all.  Click the link, and read the thing.

Here's the background on how that broke - TWO DAYS AGO...

https://www.recoilweb.com/time-to-act-atf-to-classify-braced-firearms-as-nfa-items-164482.html?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=It's+Time+To+Act+-+Read+Here&utm_content=Gun+Registration+Incoming:+ATF+to+classify+Braced+Pistols+as+NFA+items&utm_campaign=Recoil+Newsletter+-+12/18/20&_bta_tid=08762829905476406989167512111550776626044112866328556207243131969432120401688208555831701427814137180938

Time To Act: ATF To Classify Braced Firearms as NFA Items

December 18, 2020

Often times the threat of encroaching gun control, for most Americans, feels like something far outside of their control. As politicians attack human rights with the stroke of a pen, and bureaucrats build institutions and write policy without recourse for this it effects, it's easy to give into pessimism and become disenfranchised by the government supposedly built on the maxim that they are beholden to the will of the governed.

At this moment, however, that is not the case. Each and every one of us, as individual citizens, have the opportunity to fight back, with deliberate action. Here is how you, specifically, can act against increasing government overreach. 

It didn't start with Q LLC, and it's not going to end in darkness. Whispers between friends, and shouts of protest have alarmed hundreds of thousands, if not millions of Americans of what is being proposed by the ATF. Incase we were waiting for more definite evidence, the DOJ has officially published this document titled Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces” on December 18th, 2020.  In summary: The ATF is attempting to specifically classify firearms with Pistol Stabilizing Braces as possibly being regulated under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and Gun Control Act (GCA). While it is not stated openly what that would mean, it is reasonable to understand this as a form of re-defining braced pistols as either a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) or Any Other Weapon (AOW) both of which are heavily scrutinized, accrue additional costs on behalf of the buyer, and most pressing, include registration as part of purchasing. The method of evaluating a firearm as whether or not they fall under the NFA or GCA, as stated in the document, is by “objective design features.” These include caliber, weight and length, length of pull, attachment method, aim point, secondary grip, sights and scope, and the opaque category of peripheral accessories. The document is straight forward about also saying that the way a firearm is marketed will also influence a decision. The result of classifying Braced Pistols as NFA items will be a registry. The direct quote:

“Consequently, following issuance of this notice, ATF and DOJ plan to implement a separate process by which current possessors of affected stabilizer-equipped firearms may choose to register such firearms to be compliant with the NFA. As part of that process, ATF plans to expedite processing of these applications, and ATF has been informed that the Attorney General plans retroactively to exempt such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes if they were made or acquired, prior to the publication of this notice, in good faith. This separate process may include the following options: registering the firearm in compliance with the NFA (described above), permanently removing the stabilizing brace from the firearm and disposing of it, replacing the barrel of the firearm (16” or greater for a rifle, or 18” or greater for a shotgun), surrendering the firearm to ATF, or destroying the firearm. ” – Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with “Stabilizing Braces”, by the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco, and Explosives, Page 11: https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-27857.pdf

So, if this goes into effect, destroy your property, or comply. If you're looking for a back-door firearms registry. Here you have it, in the buff.  

There are no consequences for action

There will be consequences for inaction.

The letter includes an opportunity for people to contact them, digitally or on paper. This is where Americans have the advantage. The ATF is accepting comments, and is bound by law to respond. Let us make this clear. If follow the guidelines and submit a comment on the proposed classification, the ATF must take the time to respond. That means this is our chance to make it clear that the reclassification of Braced Pistols as NFA items is not only moving in the wrong direction, but that a firearms registration is unacceptable. Millions of Americans have Pistols with Stabilizing Braces, and if they are not aware of this, now's the time to put away any uncertainty and get them involved. Sharing this article is what it takes to win the first skirmish.  Time is short, and the gate will not be open for long. If each owner of a brace, or someone considering purchasing a braced pistol volunteers to contact the ATF in the method directed, this can be stopped, if not by our voices, than by the very weakness of the ATF: bureaucracy. The gears of gun control can by halted by the actions of the many, and the wrench thrown into the system is your voice.  The three ways you can submit your comments are directed as follows:

• Federal eRulemaking Portal: ATF recommends that you submit your comments to ATF via the Federal eRulemaking portal at www.regulations.gov and follow the instructions. Comments will be posted within a few days of being submitted. However, if large volumes of comments are being processed simultaneously, your comment may not be viewable for up to several weeks. Please keep the comment tracking number that is provided after you have successfully uploaded your comment.
  • Mail: Send written comments to:

Office of Regulatory Affairs, Enforcement Programs and Services, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, 99 New York Ave. NE, Mail Stop 6N518, Washington DC 20226; ATTN: ATF 2020R-10.