• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello

M1A

Just found this site on a google search and thought I would sign up.  I was wondering about M118LR and if I needed the PMAG specific mag to run it in my M1 or would the standard .308 Springfield MAGs run it?  I have been running the standard civilian .308 rounds in my Springfield mags with no problem but just bought 1,000 rounds of 118 and started seeing the PMAGs around specifically for this round and didn't know for sure.  Currently overseas and just wondering if I need them so I can shoot when I get home.  Thanks.

Ed

On 12/12/2020 at 2:24 PM, M1A said:

Just found this site on a google search and thought I would sign up.  I was wondering about M118LR and if I needed the PMAG specific mag to run it in my M1 or would the standard .308 Springfield MAGs run it?  I have been running the standard civilian .308 rounds in my Springfield mags with no problem but just bought 1,000 rounds of 118 and started seeing the PMAGs around specifically for this round and didn't know for sure.  Currently overseas and just wondering if I need them so I can shoot when I get home.  Thanks.

Ed

You need to be running M14 mags for the Springfield M1A.  Several companies make M14 mags that will work in it.  The MagPul PMags that you're looking at are for .308ARs in the DPMS LR-308/M110 design, and will not work in any Springfield M1A rifle. Armalite even made a design change for their AR-10 A-Series platform, in order to run those PMags, but they will not work in any Armalite AR-10 B-Series rifle.

Edited by 98Z5V