• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spare Parts

Black_Sheep

Now that my .308 is running I’m on a quest for some basic spare parts. Springs and detents are no problem, neither are FCG parts, but BCG parts are proving to be a headache. I ordered. POF roller cam pin which doesn’t fit my Aero BCG, I contacted Aero because they didn’t show cam pins on the website but they don’t sell them individually. Short of buying a complete BCG, where can I get spare cam pins, firing pins, extractors, etc? With all of the non standard parts used on the AR .308 platform I’m not sure where to turn. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated...

Edited by Black_Sheep

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare parts?  Just build more complete rifles. That way you have somewhere to store the spare parts. 

sorry...that isn’t a helpful suggestion. Hopefully someone knows a good spot. The sad news is, there was a guy here for a while that created some great spare part kits, but I don’t believe he’s around any longer. 

2 hours ago, DNP said:

Spare parts?  Just build more complete rifles. That way you have somewhere to store the spare parts. 

sorry...that isn’t a helpful suggestion. Hopefully someone knows a good spot. The sad news is, there was a guy here for a while that created some great spare part kits, but I don’t believe he’s around any longer. 

My better half says no more builds, so I need to lay low for a week or two...

3 hours ago, Black_Sheep said:

My better half says no more builds, so I need to lay low for a week or two...

haha!  a week or two 🙂

I will be in the doghouse for a while yet.  Actually, I'm a cat person.  But I'll just get into more trouble if I say I'll be in the cathouse for a while yet...

5 hours ago, DNP said:

Mraley? Those were for Armalite AR10’s. I got two.

14 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I got two.

I had three kits when he offered those and still had to reason with myself and not be a parts hog :laffs:

For DPMS I bought this kit from D Wilson several years ago, found out about him here, he used to post up some. I emailed earlier but no go there for parts, can't help us. He does have services, never used them but wouldn't be afraid to. We need somebody in the industry to step up and offer some basic kits like his....anybody? 

1722742655_BCGkit.thumb.jpg.0503fa458c64bc1f20fba071c3d59c2d.jpg

Sorry @Black_Sheep, I'm no help on your quest, my best advice, if you need it, buy it WHEN you see it.

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

I had three kits when he offered those and still had to reason with myself and not be a parts hog :laffs:

For DPMS I bought this kit from D Wilson several years ago, found out about him here, he used to post up some. 

Same here, I picked up 3 of each kit he was offering - just because he stepped up and said he'd offer it.  He did, so I grabbed them.  :lmao:

I think it was the difference between a "field" kit and a "full" repair kit.  Either way, I grabbed those up as soon as he posted them on his website, just to support him - for supporting us, when asked to.  :thumbup:

There's another guy here ( @Zombie Tested ) that I used to test parts for, when he'd build them.  He'd send me some, I'd install them in the guns, run 'em, and report back.  After that, they'd get produced.  Cam pins for AR15 and .308AR, firing pins for both, some specific build-tools, etc.  Hard parts, not like springs and smaller things.  He's got another screen name now, after the business took off.  I've seen his stuff around.  Contacting him through here wouldn't hurt.  Great, great guy.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

22 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

You realize if you posses a part or to then you have an incomplete build waiting to be finished, so it's not a new build you're starting...

And with this^^^^^.......I think Eric has thoroughly reached the true "Enabler" level.

You've learned well grasshopper.

Maybe JSE might be of help - seems like everything is in short supply these days for gas keys I think AR15 is the same
not sure where to get ejectors though - springs might be the same as safety selector detent springs

https://www.jsesurplus.com/boltandcarriers.aspx

https://www.jsesurplus.com/boltcomponents.aspx

Also KAK Industries shows 308 BCG parts:

https://www.kakindustry.com/lr-308-parts?p=1

15 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Your all enablers, I had no guns before joining this site.

I call bullshite on that, and that's a solid answer...   :laffs:   You're Mr. FullAuto...  :hail:

I think what you meant to say was " @Lonewolf McQuade didn't have as many guns when he joined this site, as he does now..."   :lmao:

And we know how he pulled that $$$ magic...  

Edited by 98Z5V

We were out for dinner at a little hole in the wall place last night and the wife was busting my balls about building guns until I said I could build her a pink one. Now her stance seems to be softening. 

I should build one with a Leopard print camo to match her bathrobe...

33 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

As the lead purchasing agent for BELT FED ENTERPRISES , is that not part of my job description? Complaints should be taken to HR department,  which I'm also the head of.....

At this point, the question should be whether or not @Belt Fed knows that he has a company that spends his money on your guns.