• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My 20 year money pit

392heminut

1970 Cuda, I've been dinkin' with this thing for 20+ years now. THIS is why I haven't been on the forum much lately. I had it painted back around 2005 and the guy really fukked it up! in less than 2 years the paint was cracking and lifting. About 4 years ago I got so disgusted with how it looked I put it in storage. I pulled it out a few months ago and got it running again and then took it to a body shop across the border in Mexico, of all places. When the local places see a classic car all they see is $$$ and want to bend you over and rape you. Anyway, this is what I ended up with.

cuda20.jpg

20 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

That's gorgeous Larry.  I wish you would be at home when we drive through town next month.  But I think you will be away for your ride.  I would love to see it in person.

Ron, I'm not sure when we are taking off to Albuquerque so when you get times firmed up let me know. We would love to see you and Susan again.

Brother, I wish I could have tuned that thing for you, at the previous place I worked at, before they went under. 

I just wanted your car on MY dyno.  Bad. 

Hidden horsepower is everywhere, from timing to volumetric efficiency - and that's where tuning is now.  Breaks mt heart that THAT place went under. 

That is one SICK FUKER right there, that you have...   :hail:

17 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Brother, I wish I could have tuned that thing for you, at the previous place I worked at, before they went under. 

I just wanted your car on MY dyno.  Bad. 

Hidden horsepower is everywhere, from timing to volumetric efficiency - and that's where tuning is now.  Breaks mt heart that THAT place went under. 

That is one SICK FUKER right there, that you have...   :hail:

I would love to get this car on a dyno and get it dialed in, I'm sure there quite a bit more horsepower to be unlocked!

19 hours ago, unforgiven said:

What do you use for fuel brother?

Regular unleaded pump gas, nothing fancy. That 5.7 Hemi is stock other than a bigger cam, I don't mess with the high compression stuff anymore. Gas is high enough as it is without having to go but the high octane stuff.

12 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I don't mess with the high compression stuff anymore. Gas is high enough as it is without having to go but the high octane stuff.

Tell me about it.  Bike-wise, I have a couple pistons that are 12.5:1 compression (91 octane)...  then the little evil fucker that's 14.5:1 compression.  THAT mean bastard is 103 octane minimum at 4600 feet of elevation, but if I run it at 1200 feet, I need 107 octane.  I'll take a topend apart just to put that 14.5 in there, and fuk with people.  But for the most part, I don't want it in there unless I need to really, really rip it up.

Bikes and cars are different, for advertised compression ratios.  Bikes always use static compression as the calculation, cars always use dynamic compression as the calculation.  That's why you'll never be able to run a car with 12.5:1 compression on 91 premium pump gas - you'd blow that fucker up in no time, one rip.  That's a dymanic compression number for cars, not static compression.

I wrote a paper on this, I should post that bastard.