imschur

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Follow up on the AeroPrecision USA arctic camo build. This is a real shooter. I finally got out to the range to sight it in and function test it. About 100 rounds, flawless function beginning to end. The G2S trigger is a real wonder! It's great. Followed a good barrel break in (1 shot, clean; 3 shots, clean; 3 shots, clean; 5 shots, clean; 5 shots, clean; go shoot.) I was amazed at how dirty the barrel got after only one or two shots (mostly IMI 77 grain BTHP Razor core). After trying out several sets of the Magpul Pro sights, I can say I don't like them. They are extremely well made, not a problem with that, and they finally put a narrow front sight post on it (it was like sighting in on a 2x4 with the original front post). The front sight wings are way too thick, don't bend outward enough and give me problems with sight picture. YMMV. I much prefer the KAC USMC sights. Those are great.

50 yds sight in, stringing is my fault with the inconsistent sight picture. Next time I'll put a 9x3 scope on it just to test out the accuracy. My daughter will like this rifle. Tried offhand on 100 yd and 300 yd silhouettes. Silhouettes didn't have a chance that morning. Very easy to transition from one target to another. This rifle has absolutely no recoil, it's easy to shoot, it's fun to shoot.

ar15_arctic_camo3.jpg.jpg

ar15_arctic_camo4.jpg.jpg

camo_sightin2.jpg.jpg

• 1 month later...

At last,  this is not a AR-15 but a bigger brother, AR-10 platform. This is a Ruger SR-762 in 762 X 51 or .308.  Currently with a Nikon M-308 scope with a Harris Bi-Pod.

With a full 20 round magazine it weighs in at 11 3/4 pounds, not exactly a rifle you would want to carry around all day but it is great out to 500 to 1000 yards !1533535317_RugerSR-762.thumb.JPG.21fbd1bbe3cb064b46b9de476db0f416.JPG

7 minutes ago, MsgtBill said:

At last,  this is not a AR-15 but a bigger brother, AR-10 platform.

That's cool - but it doesn't belong in this thread, since this is "Let's See Your AR-15", right?...

Start a build thread on it and show it off - tell all the details, and talk about it all you want.  This would be a good area to do that.  :thumbup:

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/114-member-builds/

• 1 month later...

Meet Bella. Named after my cat, crazy bitch that only likes me, and I am the only one that likes her. The upper is an older Bushmaster, gifted as a Christmas present from a friend who I put a different upper on his carbine for him. Lower is some crap, sheet, and junk slapped together in a Spikes Tactical Viking stripped version I was going to build my 20" on.....oh well.

Later this weekend I will see how things run.

20181221_174621.jpg

20181221_174641.jpg

20181221_174648.jpg

• 2 months later...

We have similar tastes in firearms. My Olympic Arms is a clone of yours except a different collapsing stock. Used to own an AR180 back in the 70’s and 80’s. Still regret selling it, but was necessary at the time. Still have my colt AR15 a2 as well. Is your AR180 a Sterling, Howa, or Costa Mesa?

Edited by Sisco