• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/23/2021 at 11:31 PM, Rsquared said:

Nice lookin rifle there Tack. What kind of rail is that? Is that a Wilson?

Oh hey @Rsquared gosh sorry I am only about 4 days late.  My bad. 😞

The rail is the stock LWRC  (it is an M6 "SPR") -- which is picatinny all along the top.  3/6/9 were smooth by default but you can buy sections of pics to screw on to add as needed, from little pieces up to a full "rail completion kit" if you wanted to make a full quad out of it.  I decided to try leaving it sort of basic, it was smaller and smoother.

I've got Larue IndexClips in the top filling in all the extra pics.  There's a gap ahead of the optic where the top section of the handguard lifts off to get to the piston for cleaning etc.

Edited by Tack14

The other thing, depending what you were asking about might have been the Manta Rails switch pocket for the light.  Lets you just tuck a switch light that doesn't want to stick via tape, tiewrap etc. (or just not your style to do such things) into a sleeve in a pocket that will clip down to pic rails and run the wire to your light.  Manta Rails makes some pretty freakin cool rail ware. 

Going forward I will probably use more standard lights made for weaps like Streamlight or something but their switch pocket was perfect for what I was looking for.