• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Excalibur Micro Mag 340

Lonewolf McQuade

2 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Word to the wise, Ms. Cleo can't see jack diddly when it comes to conception....

That’s an odd name you’ve assigned it, but it’s 2022 and I’m in California, so obviously not the weirdest thing I’ve heard today. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice X Bow!

Well, you know, but I need to state it again, with an Excaliber one never shoots at the same place twice! Yes, it happens until one learns to deliberately open up the group.

Just curious, what's the shaft weight and speed?

On 7/5/2022 at 11:52 PM, BrianK said:

Nice X Bow!

Well, you know, but I need to state it again, with an Excaliber one never shoots at the same place twice! Yes, it happens until one learns to deliberately open up the group.

Just curious, what's the shaft weight and speed?

Thanks! 

Yeah, I knew not to aim at the same spot but ..... figured I was safe at 50yds lol.

16.5 inch 250 grain bolt with 150 grain heads- 400 gr total. 340 fps

On 7/6/2022 at 12:09 AM, BrianK said:

That's nice performance! I'm surprised from such short limbs, but I don't stay up on it. Yeah, nice XBow!

Well, it comes at a price. My older Excalibur Equinox is shooting 350fps with a 400 grain setup using 36" limbs. I believe only 170lb draw weight.  This little bugger has a foot narrower  limbs but they are thicker & wider with a draw weight of 270lb! The shorter draw length makes it not too incredibly difficult. 

• 1 month later...

Not getting the opportunity to burn brass groundhog hunting much this year. So  I've been sharpening my archery skills a bit. Took the new crossbow to the rifle range this evening to see the accuracy potential from a bench.  Used  an old Primos rifle rest I never liked for a rifle & took some 2 shot groups with factory 250gr Quill bolts with the Excalibur 150gr broadheads. 

@ 71yds

20220814_171940.jpg

20220814_172828.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

• 3 months later...

Popped the virginity on the mag 340 Friday evening on some freezer meat. Last 4 minutes of light on the last day of the regular archery season. Double lung shot at 33 yards. She only made it 29 yards. 

Now the bow goes back on the wall & out comes the rifle for Saturday rifle opener!

20221118_143057.jpg

20221118_172144.jpg

Edited by Lonewolf McQuade

Good job my friend. No kidding about the price of meat.  I've got 2 in the freezer and I'm currently processing a 3rd. Planning on making jerky out of the hams on this one so I still have room in the freezer for more. Plan to get back into the woods the day after Thanksgiving.  With the way the current technocrats are f-ing up the food and other supply chains, self-sufficiency is a helluva more valuable than cryptocurrency.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:11 AM, MtnMike said:

Good job my friend. No kidding about the price of meat.  I've got 2 in the freezer and I'm currently processing a 3rd. Planning on making jerky out of the hams on this one so I still have room in the freezer for more. Plan to get back into the woods the day after Thanksgiving.  With the way the current technocrats are f-ing up the food and other supply chains, self-sufficiency is a helluva more valuable than cryptocurrency.

Thanks! 

Prices suck, but even worse is finding in stock. Trying to starve us out!