• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I have a confession.

Armed Eye Doc

I hope this doesn't get me banned from the forum.  I sold a gun. :nutkick: I said I would never do it, but I plead extenuating circumstances.  I pulled a Larry and won an AR in a raffle.  It was a very basic 223 based on an Anderson lower. 

There's a guy at church who has been asking about buying a gun, not necessarily from me, for several months.  I sold it to him for a good price and I made a little money over what I had in it.

The only thing I would have used it for would have been to remake it into a Grendel pistol.  But, I have much of the parts to do that already anyway.

Anyway, I hope I haven't disappointed too many people and hope I can keep coming around.

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I hope this doesn't get me banned from the forum.  I sold a gun. :nutkick: I said I would never do it, but I plead extenuating circumstances.  I pulled a Larry and won an AR in a raffle.  It was a very basic 223 based on an Anderson lower. 

There's a guy at church who has been asking about buying a gun, not necessarily from me, for several months.  I sold it to him for a good price and I made a little money over what I had in it.

The only thing I would have used it for would have been to remake it into a Grendel pistol.  But, I have much of the parts to do that already anyway.

Anyway, I hope I haven't disappointed too many people and hope I can keep coming around.

So...................you're sayin.................that you SOLD a rifle? ....................................................SOLD?

SOLD?

I don't understand this reference.

I'm gonna have to think about this for a bit.

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I hope this doesn't get me banned from the forum.  I sold a gun. :nutkick:

You're fired.  :bat::bitchslap:  I didn't even read anymore after that opening sentence.  No need to. 

Edited by 98Z5V

On 7/25/2022 at 7:39 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

As a Christian man, I may not want to, but I am required to forgive you for this act...........may God bless you!

( "Vengeance is Mine!",  saith The Lord!)

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

You can do that? I guess for every gun I bought someone had to sell it so it can't be a death penalty, instead of hail mary's I think you should have to buy a gun, a real nice one. :thumbup:

Better still, he has to buy each if us a nice gun, maybe something in 6mm ARC..  

On 7/27/2022 at 12:21 AM, DNP said:

Didn’t even offer it up here…just SOLD it to some poor bastard who has no idea how quickly these things breed. Don’t get it wet and don’t feed it after midnight. 

The money that very advice could've saved me... Mein Gott...

Well I might as well come clean also, I have been thinning out my box. I'm lucky to still be here and as it works out I have no one in the family that deserves any of my firearms. I asked my close friends if they would be interested in my rifles and they were. Down to 2 .308s,2 5.56.. Now I can focus on those. Less for the wife to deal with when the ride ends. One thing about using the basic recipe for building rifles here is that they work with boring reliability 😁 a couple of guys here were interested in a couple of rifles and I couldn't be happier. I have a RRA lower and the 6mm Arc is interesting 🤔 but I think that's it. My hands are in such bad shape I sold the.45 Xdm as I was having a very difficult time manipulating the slide. So ends my confession. 

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Well I might as well come clean also, I have been thinning out my box. I'm lucky to still be here and as it works out I have no one in the family that deserves any of my firearms. I asked my close friends if they would be interested in my rifles and they were. Down to 2 .308s,2 5.56.. Now I can focus on those. Less for the wife to deal with when the ride ends. One thing about using the basic recipe for building rifles here is that they work with boring reliability 😁 a couple of guys here were interested in a couple of rifles and I couldn't be happier. I have a RRA lower and the 6mm Arc is interesting 🤔 but I think that's it. My hands are in such bad shape I sold the.45 Xdm as I was having a very difficult time manipulating the slide. So ends my confession. 

I hear you brother. Arthritis and other stuff wears you down. I am thinning out my collection as well and probably will pass on that Savage much as I would like it. Have given the son what he wants and am talking to the LGS about selling some as well. Starting to lose a couple friends a year so reality is I won't be using or needing all the stuff I have. Just passed on another boat for that reason.

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Well I might as well come clean also, I have been thinning out my box. I'm lucky to still be here and as it works out I have no one in the family that deserves any of my firearms. I asked my close friends if they would be interested in my rifles and they were. Down to 2 .308s,2 5.56.. Now I can focus on those. Less for the wife to deal with when the ride ends. <snip>

I've been doing the same thing as older age sets in. The really long guns just don't handle as well for me anymore so I've been selling them off to a brother, the ones he wants anyway. The others, so far just a Rem 870 that I had since the '70s, went on consignment. Amazingly, it took weeks for it to sell. I guess folks don't like machined steel anymore. 

In an act of penitence (and because I'm a gun guy) I have been filling the space freed up in the safe with bullpups, pistols, and SBRs. Firearms that I can handle better than the conventionally stocked long guns. Anyway, the wife requested that she not be saddled with having to sell things she knows nothing about. She's SOL there, yeah, these things breed, but haven't done so in a year or 2 since I still have all bases covered (at this time). 

40 years in industry, 30 as a Sheet metal worker damn snips cutting 20/22ga. having snapped the jaws of my snips cutting heavy metal didn't help. Carpal tunnel surgery to my hands took something out of them. Also the continuous use of snips afterwards. It's easy for the doctor to say change jobs but not reality. They couldn't do it if they had to. I am comforted that R2 would act as executor for any firearms remaining should something unexpected occurs. 🍻🍻

12 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

40 years in industry, 30 as a Sheet metal worker damn snips cutting 20/22ga. having snapped the jaws of my snips cutting heavy metal didn't help. Carpal tunnel surgery to my hands took something out of them. Also the continuous use of snips afterwards. It's easy for the doctor to say change jobs but not reality. They couldn't do it if they had to. I am comforted that R2 would act as executor for any firearms remaining should something unexpected occurs. 🍻🍻

Let’s hope that won’t be necessary for another 30 years or so.

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I am comforted that R2 would act as executor for any firearms remaining should something unexpected occurs. 🍻🍻

You've got that right brother. I'll make damn sure that the old lady gets every dime of the 200 dollars that she has coming to her from the sale of any remaining weapons. :lmao:

I'm here to help ya know.