• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

GeorgeMac

Stumbled across a post about a shorty 6ARC and discovered the website. 
Started exploring AR-10’s when I had the chance to get behind an early OBR years ago. Picked up an LMT for the barrel change capabilities but just couldn’t shoot it well. Moved on to one of the first PredatOBRs and used 16 and 18” barrels. Later put together a Krieger 22” 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for it. 
Recently started messing with the 6ARC and love it. Built out 18” and 14” Proof barreled uppers and a 12” Monster barreled upper. Looking forward to exploring the cartridge more and learning from the experience of others here. 

Welcome aboard, George!  I'll get mine stretched out a little more now, since it's just starting to get cooler here in AZ.  Weather is finally breaking next week, and the mid and high '90's will be gone for the rest of the year.  Nice shooting weather for the rest of the winter.

I've been meaning to stretch mine out a little more, and I've got the magazine modifications down now (modified Grendel mags).  I just need to run it.  Have't shot much this summer, outside of monthly matches, so it's time for me to get back out there some more.  I'll put the 12.5" ARC up there higher on the list, and get my build thread updated.  I did change up my initial "good load" for it, because it was a speedster.  I dropped the CCI 41 primers, and I'm loading regular old CCI 400s now, so I need to go back and check the load for accuracy, maybe work up more ladders and find out how it's doing, and geet chrono results to finish it up.  That will all be coming pretty soon.   :thumbup:

Thank you for the welcome!
Recently moved to the South and just joined a range with some great training and distance opportunities. (Coleman’s Creek near Fayetteville) looking forward to sneaking away for some range therapy and gathering some data on the different 6ARC uppers with 108’s.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/O8wlX36.jpg[/img]

@MtnMike We'll have to meet up for a range day and maybe a beer in Hendersonville. I hear the German place is very good there. 

I've spent most of my adult life bouncing back and forth between ACOG's, EOTECH's, and precision glass for work and play. However, now I'm experimenting with a whole new "glass" challange.... readers and an astigmatism. Apparently my eyes are starting to get as bad as my dad jokes. 

I've got one of the new reticle 1-8x NX8's on backorder as well as a 1.7" mount. I plan to use it with the 12" 6ARC when it eventually ships. The great team of folks at Nightforce are saying late November early December. Though "on paper" the 6ARC 108's should be traveling at 1130fps out to 950 yards or so, I don't always believe my data is correct until I can actually validate it, or at least speak with others solving for similar problems. Very excited to see how far out I can consistently make hits with 8x glass and 108's. Love to hear if anyone else has already gone out and found these answers.

4 hours ago, GeorgeMac said:

snip

However, now I'm experimenting with a whole new "glass" challange.... readers and an astigmatism. Apparently my eyes are starting to get as bad as my dad jokes. 

Snip

Holy LORD, you are gonna fit in well around here. Us geriatrics love to shake our canes at every post!:soap:

6 hours ago, GeorgeMac said:

Though "on paper" the 6ARC 108's should be traveling at 1130fps out to 950 yards or so, I don't always believe my data is correct until I can actually validate it, or at least speak with others solving for similar problems. Very excited to see how far out I can consistently make hits with 8x glass and 108's. Love to hear if anyone else has already gone out and found these answers.

@98Z5Vhas shot this distance or close to it with a couple of different barrel lengths in 6mm ARC.