• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie from southern OR

Joky375

Heya everyone!

Greetings from Ore-GUN! Glad to find a gathering of relatively like-minded (or like-interested, at least) folks. I’m a fiber optic telecommunications technician (28years) who’s developed an interest in the AR308 and AR15 platforms and joined your forum help me along-the-way to building, shooting, and possibly hunting with an AR308. I’m pretty much new to everything about the platform (and online forums) and I’m slowly working my way thru some of the past threads on the forum. I’d like to reasonably educate myself on the bigger AR’s and hope you’ll excuse me for, what I’m sure will be, some stupid questions.

From what I’ve read so far, there are some very knowledgeable folks on here, and many are willing to share their knowledge and experience with those of us struggling thru the learning curve. I hope to become a better AR10 builder and enjoy my rifle at the range and possibly, while hunting. Perhaps…. further down the road, I may try my hand at reloading.

Welcome aboard, man.  Before you spend a ton of time researching - what we see during research, is most people tend to pull up the OLDEST information first here, for whatever reason that it comes up for them...  

Just ask a question... 

Let us know what's on your mind, first.  If it's old, covered information, you'll get a link to a thread on that information.  If it's old, outdated stuff that you're referencing - that gets corrected, but sometimes it's painful - because you're referencing old, outdated info. 

Alot has changed in this platform, in the 14 years that this place has been around.  Alot.  There's alot that was recommended around the 2010~2012, 2013 timeframe...   that we wouldn't recommend anymore.  Save the headache - just ask us now...  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...