• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's your weather like today or the past few days?

BrianK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a fire about 1 mile from us been burning for two days luckly it is traveling away from us and as of this morning it is 0% contained but 90% under control with fire lines around 90 % it was cool yesterday in the mid to high 70,s and NO wind thank goodness...

Dirk, @DNP, how did that rain treat you guys?  And winds?  We had highass wind yesterday due to that, and had heavy cloud cover, nice temps (best so far, 93 high I think), and light-to-medium rain tonight.  I'll have a low down into the 70's tonight because of that.  And that hasn't happened here for quite some time. 

Hope you are all good, and didn't get all fuqd up by this.  :thumbup:

On 8/21/2023 at 8:20 PM, 98Z5V said:

Dirk, @DNP, how did that rain treat you guys?  And winds?  We had highass wind yesterday due to that, and had heavy cloud cover, nice temps (best so far, 93 high I think), and light-to-medium rain tonight.  I'll have a low down into the 70's tonight because of that.  And that hasn't happened here for quite some time. 

Hope you are all good, and didn't get all fuqd up by this.  :thumbup:

We’re all good. Was pretty much a non-event for most of the town. They thought we’d get 10-12” of rain. We got about 1-1/2” here. Wind was high, but not as high as it had been. North of us, and our in the desert got hit harder than we did. Glad it wasn’t as bad as they had prepped us for. Could go either way. People commenting on the warnings being overblown, but if it had been as bad as they projected, and they hadn’t said anything…I think people would be pissed about that too. Panic buying was in full swing. Every car I saw at the gas stations for the day or two before were filling cans for the generators. Water and toilet paper we’re getting wiped off the shelves Covid style. 

Had hellacious wind yesterday. Woke up to four footers in the Bay on Saturday. A cold front followed by calm winds today. Woke up this morning to 46F. We took off at 10AM for the Islands at 51F with jackets on the boat. Finally warmed up a bit in the afternoon. Did a little half hearted fishing, nothing biting but a nice day to be on the water. Wind kicked up from the NE when we got in and air temp went back down to the high 50’s.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, shepp said:

Weather went from 90 to 65 like it saw a state trooper 

:laffs:

Summer isn't done with us, down here.  Severe Heat Warnings all over.  Supposed to smack 114* this weekend. 

Oh, and our monsoon hasn't been shiit so far.  Lovely. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just about every year there is a SHTF day or two that signals an abrupt change to a late fall/winter pattern in the North Country. The last two days have been it. Howling winds, rain showers mixed in with cold sun, tells me the time of the year is changing fast. Time to get ready for winter.

IMG_1355.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...