• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's your weather like today or the past few days?

BrianK

8 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Oh, and in July, when it finally GOT DRY.  My yard would die, in a week.  Turn brown.  STAY BROWN.  Through August.  Then, it would rain again in September, yard turned green.

And the fucking dandelions come back - until next year.  Yard maintenance, to try to look decent...  That just sucked...   :lmao:

I've spent a lifetime on a mower. I have spent $ on eliminating dandelions! And repeat..

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sketch said:

I've spent a lifetime on a mower. I have spent $ on eliminating dandelions! And repeat..

I have given up. Between dandelions, encroaching forest, and a canine backhoe called a Great Pyrenees, lawn has become just another four letter word. Now with barely any rain for six weeks, I won’t mow until we get more rain. Just would stress the grass more. 

We had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon with some 50-60mph winds.  It took out lots of trees and power lines.  The office was closed for the day.  Our power went out yesterday at 6:30 and is supposed to be restored about 9:00 tonight.  It's a good thing we have a generator to run the refrigerator and freezer.

I would hate to lose all of this.

IMG_20230622_174007.thumb.jpg.48b55b7608d8df9be90e11212a59dac8.jpg

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

We had a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon with some 50-60mph winds.  It took out lots of trees and power lines.  The office was closed for the day.  Our power went out yesterday at 6:30 and is supposed to be restored about 9:00 tonight.  It's a good thing we have a generator to run the refrigerator and freezer.

I would hate to lose all of this.

IMG_20230622_174007.thumb.jpg.48b55b7608d8df9be90e11212a59dac8.jpg

Amen on that. 

On 6/24/2023 at 12:47 PM, Madhouse said:

I can take the triple digit temps all day, but this oppressive humidity is brutal.

Don’t tell @98Z5V that! Lol today is the first humid day we’ve had and that’s cuz it finally rained after 1.5 months. 

im with you it’s been 90’s here the sun is offensive, but the air had been dry it actually been ok 

On 6/25/2023 at 7:32 PM, dpete said:

68* and wet.  Like rained cats and dogs kind of wet this morning.  Now its just humid.

Tomorrow is supposed to hit 63*

Yea we finally got some rain here too now if it would for 2-3 days straight 

On 6/27/2023 at 11:28 AM, unforgiven said:

We have been lucky with the smoke from Canadian fires, seems like the wind finally shifted and we are hazy air. Smells a little plastic. Good day to be inside.

I thought the same! It’s so bad here today I went home and grabbed my inhaler before i went to my first call

Pretty bold statement. Climate change might have triggered the human to act a certain way. And with .00017% more moisture in the vegetation, it may not have lit.  I’m sure if we think hard enough, we can come up with 10 ways that fire was caused by climate change, systemic racism, toxic masculinity, and probably the USA’s weak stance on gun control.