• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's your weather like today or the past few days?

BrianK

8 hours ago, DNP said:

Pretty bold statement. Climate change might have triggered the human to act a certain way. And with .00017% more moisture in the vegetation, it may not have lit.  I’m sure if we think hard enough, we can come up with 10 ways that fire was caused by climate change, systemic racism, toxic masculinity, and probably the USA’s weak stance on gun control. 

and the fact that stupid people continue breeding.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So, I thought "today was the day," but I was wrong.  Today was supposed to be 109*.

That would have been big news, but now it's even bigger news.

Seems that in 1974, there was a run of 18 days straight, here in AZ, where the temp was over 110*.  18 days straight.  Well, yesterday (Sunday) was the 10th day straight over 110*, and today was supposed to be 109*.  Well, that didn't happen, and it hit 110* today (Monday). 

So, for the remainder of the week, it's supposed to be as hot as Satan's as$hole, and we're probably gonna bust that 49 year old record from 1974.  YEAH!  :thefinger:

Here's the forecast:

Plenty of time for all you "humidity" guys to come visit.  We have the whole week to go.  I'll house you, so you can check out the Dry Heat.  I think 115* is on the schedule.  Lemme check.

Yeah, I think that 18-day record is done.  Today was #11 in a row, and this is what we have to look forward to...

FuninPhxheat.thumb.jpg.83b6d7e5ced4856e7fa94918f7ca3eca.jpg

So, anyone is welcome.  I don't run the AC during the day, though.  $500 electric bills taught me that.  But, you can hang out with me at work.  It's a little better.  Or, save the airfare, and just put your head in your oven at home - same, same.

Love,

Tom-Ass

Edited by 98Z5V

We're going to be about 10* cooler than you for the next week. And with the breeze that comes with it, it's like using the convection mode on the oven. I'll let you keep what you got, this is more than I want being a welder. 100*+, put on leathers and light a fire, good times!:laffs:

1 hour ago, jim3326 said:

And with the breeze that comes with it, it's like using the convection mode on the oven.

^^^  That's it, right there.  What the Humidity Boys don't understand is this:  When there's no humidity, the sweat that you produce evaporates off your skin, as soon as it comes to the surface of your skin.  When it's hot like this, there is no "cooling effect" from any breeze, at all.  It's like having a hair dryer-on-high pointed at you...   Constantly...   :thumbup:

Weird, over 100* and you don't sweat.  Because it evaporates immediately.  There's a new perspective for some. If you DO work "fast enough" to sweat, you're already severely dehydrated.  Better get in the habit of drinking water all the time, and don't wait until "you're thirsty..."   That's too late.

Edited by 98Z5V

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

@98Z5V, does your temperature get that low in the next week?

I think, all the way to the 23rd of the month, the lowest overnight temp we'll see is 88*. 

And that sucks.  It might suck worse, but that's all the 10-day gives me.  Oh well.  9 months out of the year, it's great here - and for 3 months out of the year, I bitch about it here...  :laffs:

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

$500.00 utility bill 🤯 WOW 

No shiit!!    My combined gas and electric bill for June was $72 and change.  Its been perfect.  Warm enough to not need the furnace, cool enough to not need AC.    68* right now at 12:30 pm

Edited by dpete

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I think, all the way to the 23rd of the month, the lowest overnight temp we'll see is 88*. 

And that sucks.  It might suck worse, but that's all the 10-day gives me.  Oh well.  9 months out of the year, it's great here - and for 3 months out of the year, I bitch about it here...  :laffs:

Wisconsin's winter is your summer- 3 months to bitch about. Actually more like 5.

1 hour ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

It made it to 104°F today.  But the humidity was down into the 30's.  So, it was like a oven on low with a pan of water in the bottom.  

We're heading into monsoon season, so the humidity is up a little.  It's 108* right now, at 7:15pm, and 30%.  Once the rains come, it'll drop the temps 10~15*, and that will be nice. 

I don't know if we hit 110* today, but I think we did.  Still on that roll to break that 18-day record.  If we did, I think this is the 13th day over 110* straight.  I'm sure the weather-guessers on the local news shows are talking about it. 

Arizona and Nevada are 2 of the hot spots going on. I'm sure bro in Nevada is glad to have a new condenser and coil this year. I think I have a 13 seer. We are on the budget plan. Largest bill was over $300.00 when I had ac going while the painter's were here and the going of people in and out.

Well, we're in it to win it, I guess.  Today was #14 in a row at 110* or higher.  The rest of the week (into next Tuesday) is just predicted to be HOT.  As Fuk.  Is what it is. 

EDIT - looked it up.  It's just fucked up...  I think I got data to the 23rd...    :lmao:

AZHeatSucks2.thumb.jpg.dece40f7b720a406e92d379045596ec7.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

Where's them "humidity boys" at?...   :popcorn:

Invitation is open - fly in.  I'll treat you to a Range Day over your weekend, and we'll check this all out.  Come Eat Heat.  It's nothing like your "99* feels like 106*" thing that your weather-guessers tell you about.  This is blast-furnace-in-yo-face shiit...  It's fun - and different.  :lmao:

Went out last weekend with a friend just to gather heat data on Dope.  Went out Saturday night around 8pm, and it was over 100*.  Set up camp for the night, to get heat data on loads the following morning.  Sunday, 5:30 am, set targets, gathered first data at about 7am, and it was 93*.  Literally sat around until it hit 100*, just to get that data.  About 10:30am, I was about done, but I wanted to wait until 107*, to get that data.  That was around 11am.  It hit the temp on the Kestrel, was shot, got the data, got the fugg outta there shortly there after. 

I'll risk that again for any one of you guys that wants to come out and shoot this.  It's worthy.  I had 7 gallons of water with me, plus 2 cases of bottled water - we won't DIE out there.  But, it's a mind-bender, doing it...  :thumbup:

There is no better way to gather load data than to do it.  Calculators only give you some of the information.  The the rest of it, you just gotta go do it, and gather what's really happening on the ground.  In the heat.

Edited by 98Z5V

Here's the kind of difference that kind of heat makes, on loads...

93*, 14.7% humidity, Baro 29.64 Alt 1425, Density Altitude for that weather was 3950 ft.  Avg 2586fps, SD 12.6.  Good load.

At 100*, humidity 16%, Baro 29.65, Density Altitude was 4400 feet (big change), Avg 2602fps, SD 18.4.

At 107*, humidity 11%, Baro still 29.65, Density Alt was 4850 feet...  Avg 2623fps, SD 8.8.

That affects groups at distance, in those kinds of temps.  You get that hot, real temps, and it's the Density Altitude that fucks you over...