• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What's your weather like today or the past few days?

BrianK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were tapping the low 100s now today, 8% humidity.  It's about to get hot here, and we can't stop it.  Supposed to get bitch-slapped with a 107* tomorrow.  Fuk, it's here.  Starting next Sunday, 25th, it's real, and won't let up for awhile.  Check this bullshiit out...

AZHeatSucks.thumb.jpg.62d63231c8110ad63385774601561738.jpg

2 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

We were tapping the low 100s now today, 8% humidity.  It's about to get hot here, and we can't stop it.  Supposed to get bitch-slapped with a 107* tomorrow.  Fuk, it's here.  Starting next Sunday, 25th, it's real, and won't let up for awhile.  Check this bullshiit out...

AZHeatSucks.thumb.jpg.62d63231c8110ad63385774601561738.jpg

I feel the same way when temps here drop to below zero. Not much you can do except suck it up and avoid the extreme heat whenever possible.

Weather here has been in the low to mid 80's, but we've only had .26" of rain in the last month. We have also had air quality warnings due to the wildfires in Canada. Wednesday was miserable...

Yep, truth.  I've done the Cold Weather training rotations in the dead of winter, in some messed up places.  I'd rather have the heat to deal with, over cold.   The weather-guessers might get it right today, down here.   It's only 10am, and it's already 100*...

2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Screenshot_20230618-135348.thumb.png.9937585a4cb6d72e0fd1de694e9328c5.png

I would rather have the 103° without the humidity.

By far, brother.  But, when it's 114* next week, it's still 114*.  At that point, no humidty, all the humidity - doesn't matter.  It's fuckin' HOT...   Hairdryer-in-your-face hot...  Dry heat isn't what it's cracked up to be, by all the humidity folks - mainly the weather-guessers.  Your oven is a dry heat - turn that thing on and stick your head in there...   :thumbup::laffs:

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

By far, brother.  But, when it's 114* next week, it's still 114*.  At that point, no humidty, all the humidity - doesn't matter.  It's fuckin' HOT...   Hairdryer-in-your-face hot...  Dry heat isn't what it's cracked up to be, by all the humidity folks - mainly the weather-guessers.  Your oven is a dry heat - turn that thing on and stick your head in there...   :thumbup::laffs:

Yep, I read a story about 2 guys who were sent in a commercial bagel oven to fix a part.  It was supposed to be off for 12 hours.  It got turned on after 2 while they were in there.  It did not end well for them.

Spent almost 3 years living in @shooterrex's neck of the woods.  Find La Grange on his map above. First summer down there we had 3-4 weeks of 90-100* heat with 90-100% humidity.  The hot humid would slap you in the face when you left the house in the afternoon.  I'll take WI winters over KY summers any time.   People complaining about 60-70% humidity are pussies!   :cool:

Edited by dpete

1 hour ago, sketch said:

Rain for a weak off and on. So glad I don't have to dress for it and sweat in my rain gear anymore. 

It's always like that there, though - unless it's July and August.  That's the only time the rain stops on the Wet Side.  Pretty sure you just finished up another news story about "Wettest Spring of the year, with 100-plus straight says of rain..."   - which happens every year, there.  Killing the dandelions was the hardest job I ever had there, in trying to keep a yard.  Too wet to mow, so they have to be allowed to grow...  Until I can mow again, when it dries out.  In July...  :laffs:

Oh, and in July, when it finally GOT DRY.  My yard would die, in a week.  Turn brown.  STAY BROWN.  Through August.  Then, it would rain again in September, yard turned green.

And the fucking dandelions come back - until next year.  Yard maintenance, to try to look decent...  That just sucked...   :lmao: