• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

On 7/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, sketch said:

hahaha I knew thata bring you here.. how else do you keep your gp happy for you. 🤣 check your phone!

EPIC phonecall, brother, just fuckin' epic...   :banana::hail::laffs:

I love you, man.  :thumbup::lmao:

All you guys out there realize that you can TALK TO HUMANS on your phone, right?... It's not all about internet, and clicks...   :bitchslap::popcorn:

Roman, you delivered, brother. :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

EPIC phonecall, brother, just fuckin' epic...   :banana::hail::laffs:

I love you, man.  :thumbup::lmao:

All you guys out there realize that you can TALK TO HUMANS on your phone, right?...  :bitchslap::popcorn:

Roman, you delivered, brother. 

no you're not a bot machine.. fucker all that! 🍻🍻🇺🇸🇺🇸 some good bro to bro! I didn't go deep yet.. thank you brother!!

I have to say that doing those large chicken breasts @180* for 5 hrs. had a nice smoke flavor. I used mesquite pellets. I'm done with Cabela's type,using up the rest. Going to Rec tech. Thighs,wings, and legs work best for smoking. Breast was dry. I usually do them on the Weber bone side down till 160* internal. GM runs like a champ, good for another 10 yrs. Just my 2 mags

Ow was mixing mesquite and pecan for a while. I’ve been using this pretty often lately. The store I was getting the bear valley pellets at quit carrying them. Too bad, they were a little cheaper and burned well. 

5B966F22-D923-45F1-99C1-29BE0F18B2C6.jpeg

12 hours ago, DNP said:

Ow was mixing mesquite and pecan for a while. I’ve been using this pretty often lately. The store I was getting the bear valley pellets at quit carrying them. Too bad, they were a little cheaper and burned well. 

5B966F22-D923-45F1-99C1-29BE0F18B2C6.jpeg

I’ve use these I wished they were a bit stronger

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 6:13 PM, sketch said:

pork ass for 7 hours smoke at 180*

wrapped in foil and 320* for another 2.

let rest at 200* internal temp.. time to eat! 

This app is awesome! 

20200704_145949.jpg

20200704_170343.jpg

I'm glad you already know how to cook, brother, WAY BEFORE this app. 

This made me think of something - guys that go out and buy gadgets to shoot, and it/they do all the work for you, and you can makes shots at distance with all your gadgets.

But if the batteries died, they wouldn't have a fucking clue...  No real skills...

@sketchi saw you called brother sorry I was sleeping. Please tell me that’s not a full packer brisket and you cut it in half 

If it’s just a flat yes go ahead and cut it in half or what ever 

if it’s a full packer brisket watch this video and it will show you how to trim and separate the point (super fatty juicy yummy part) from the flat (less fatty, easier to dry out but still yummy part

Once you determine that and got your hard fat trimmed off and are ready to cook. The night before I inject mine with Around one cup low sodium beef broth, Then I rub it with Oakridge BBQ black ops brisket rub. Lots of guys swear buy a simple salt and pepper rub too if you don’t have time to order rub. 

I start mine out at 225 and pull at 205° internal. If you are running short on time you can turn it up to 250° to help it along alittle faster but I always start at 225 and creep up if need be. Once it hits 205 internal put it in a sheet pan or what ever and set it in a cooler for 30min to an hour to rest, remove from cooler and cut meat the thickness of a pencil AGAINST the grain of the meat 

if it’s done right You shouldn’t even need bbq sauce 😁

6 hours ago, shepp said:

@sketchi saw you called brother sorry I was sleeping. Please tell me that’s not a full packer brisket and you cut it in half 

If it’s just a flat yes go ahead and cut it in half or what ever 

if it’s a full packer brisket watch this video and it will show you how to trim and separate the point (super fatty juicy yummy part) from the flat (less fatty, easier to dry out but still yummy part

Once you determine that and got your hard fat trimmed off and are ready to cook. The night before I inject mine with Around one cup low sodium beef broth, Then I rub it with Oakridge BBQ black ops brisket rub. Lots of guys swear buy a simple salt and pepper rub too if you don’t have time to order rub. 

I start mine out at 225 and pull at 205° internal. If you are running short on time you can turn it up to 250° to help it along alittle faster but I always start at 225 and creep up if need be. Once it hits 205 internal put it in a sheet pan or what ever and set it in a cooler for 30min to an hour to rest, remove from cooler and cut meat the thickness of a pencil AGAINST the grain of the meat 

if it’s done right You shouldn’t even need bbq sauce 😁

Thank you bro, I forgot about the time difference when I called 😘 

Just a flat. I was going to do it whole but for prep and storage I had to half the beast. 

Im doing a jhonny seasons for one and spicer rub on the other. going low and slow for the next 6-8 hours 🍻🍻

20200718_091258.jpg

12 minutes ago, sketch said:

Thank you bro, I forgot about the time difference when I called 😘 

Just a flat. I was going to do it whole but for prep and storage I had to half the beast. 

Im doing a jhonny seasons for one and spicer rub on the other. going low and slow for the next 6-8 hours 🍻🍻

20200718_091258.jpg

Good to hear!!! 

my dad spent a bunch of money on a packer and hacked it into pieces, turns out the old man doesn’t know everything 🤣

12 hours ago, shepp said:

@sketch how’d it turn out?

good and bad.. dry as fuckx! I says to my self do it all and had to cut it. I should have done one  half and learned.. I did brine in salt / h20 for 5-6 hours.. as @DNP said I did inject fluids but that was what I think went wrong.. Straight apple juice. Martinelli good sugery stuff.. I had a 7 hour smoke at 180 pulled them and wrapped in tin @ 400 for the next hour/1/2 . pulled them both at 194/5* let rest for potatoes cook for at least an hour and still dry.? smoke and taste were really good just to dry. made french dips and im back in the will! thistid bit was allI got for a point and that was the best damn bight 👍🏻🍻

20200718_154158.jpg

20200718_180848.jpg

20200718_151517.jpg

20200718_154133.jpg