• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Gave my GM a overhaul started with the igniter that quit, changed to newer SS heat exchanger from older 3 piece, thermal sensor, combustion fan and hopper fan. Only thing left is the auger assembly. Good for another 10 years.

IMG_20200627_122118629.jpg

IMG_20200627_121846742.jpg

IMG_20200627_130024922.jpg

Damn brother. Matt jokes around callin me the terminator robot. But you NEVER stop.

Keep on gettin brother.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Salmon on the grill like that is a party stopper.  What I mean is,  most folks at my place saw the fish and gave that undecided,  well maybe I'll try it look.  The first guy actually groaned pleasurably out loud and the rest of the 6 pounds of salmon was gone baby.  There was no talking,  dead silence except for the shlurping.  I mean don't take the dirty dishes inside the house man,  that fish will be gone,  (maybe not in your case Shepp,  not sheep) .  Salmon,  for some reason just slides down your gullet so smoothly you don't notice how much you've eaten.  It's so delicious you don't care how much you've eaten.  Plus it's good for you.  I'm going for a slab of my own this weekend.  Thanks Shepp,  I just noticed the auto spell almost got me in trouble with that sheep Shepp shiit.  Every time I go for a Shepp it throws out a sheep.  Effin plastic box internals.    

Edited by RedRiverII
spelling

37 minutes ago, RedRiverII said:

Salmon on the grill like that is a party stopper.  What I mean is,  most folks at my place saw the fish and gave that undecided,  well maybe I'll try it look.  The first guy actually groaned pleasurably out loud and the rest of the 6 pounds of salmon was gone baby.  There was no talking,  dead silence except for the shlurping.  I mean don't take the dirty dishes inside the house man,  that fish will be gone,  (maybe not in your case Shepp,  not sheep) .  Salmon,  for some reason just slides down your gullet so smoothly you don't notice how much you've eaten.  It's so delicious you don't care how much you've eaten.  Plus it's good for you.  I'm going for a slab of my own this weekend.  Thanks Shepp,  I just noticed the auto spell almost got me in trouble with that sheep Shepp shiit.  Every time I go for a Shepp it throws out a sheep.  Effin plastic box internals.    

Hahaha it’s cool yea I downed half a fillet between last night and tonight. Usually I can’t eat that much when I do the store bought stuff cuz it’s so fatty but this stuff is 🔥🔥🔥

this is the recipe I used, hes my go to wild game cook 

https://honest-food.net/how-to-smoke-salmon-recipe/

9 hours ago, shepp said:

@unforgiven that’s the same defector I got! Congrats on the upgrade 

After I put the deflector in it was running 100* hotter you than set temp. Call GM tech support and he told me to slide it over to the right. That helped. If you call tech support and leave a message they do call back.

I did a thing you enabling bastards! @shepp @washguy @unforgiven and the rest of you smoking suns a !! The ol gas rig finally died.... minor guts rot. So I says where do I get one of those GMG smokers? WTF! right next door to my gun pusher shop. Well to be honest he will not be happy I spent the money next door but I sure will. Daniel boone wifi grill/ rotisserie ready. Fine print doesn't do well in rain   crapp!

20200701_163855.jpg

1 hour ago, sketch said:

I did a thing you enabling bastards! @shepp @washguy @unforgiven and the rest of you smoking suns a !! The ol gas rig finally died.... minor guts rot. So I says where do I get one of those GMG smokers? WTF! right next door to my gun pusher shop. Well to be honest he will not be happy I spent the money next door but I sure will. Daniel boone wifi grill/ rotisserie ready. Fine print doesn't do well in rain   crapp!

20200701_163855.jpg

Holy shit dude congratulations!!!!!! No they don’t do well in the rain, but I’ve grilled plenty with mine right outside my garage door year round. Don’t forget to vacuum out the pot often specially after long smokes. I’ve been burning a lot of treager pellets lately but the rec tech ones on amazon are really good too

ps how much of a kick in the dick is it to have that next to your gun pusher lol

3 hours ago, sketch said:

20200701_163855.jpg

Sweet brother get the GM cover you are GTG. Break in 4 chicken breasts and a rack of baby back ribs cut in half 5.5 hrs @ 180* 1 hour @ 250*  I'm done with Cabela's pellets heat is up and down finishing it going to Rec tec.

IMG_20200701_201034061.jpg

IMG_20200701_201020556.jpg

IMG_20200701_201028069.jpg

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Sweet brother get the GM cover you are GTG. Break in 4 chicken breasts and a rack of baby back ribs cut in half 5.5 hrs @ 180* 1 hour @ 250*  I'm done with Cabela's pellets heat is up and down finishing it going to Rec tec.

IMG_20200701_201034061.jpg

IMG_20200701_201020556.jpg

IMG_20200701_201028069.jpg

damn im watching more and more vids you got some good bark on those ribs! Im using the gmg apple and gold for starting. gotta breakin the taste buds slow and low.. I do have some items on order like the cover and a rack. grabbed up the rotisserie set up and this grill. Last one for 6 months so i said f it! There is a pizza oven wtf!! 🤑🤑🤑🤑🍻🍻

4 hours ago, shepp said:

Holy poop dude congratulations!!!!!! No they don’t do well in the rain, but I’ve grilled plenty with mine right outside my garage door year round. Don’t forget to vacuum out the pot often specially after long smokes. I’ve been burning a lot of treager pellets lately but the rec tech ones on amazon are really good too

ps how much of a kick in the dick is it to have that next to your gun pusher lol

so the spa shop next door sells these grills and sells bbq every Saturday made from the same gmg.. and sells lunch to my lgs hahaha maybe I can work the system and have a bbq off gun sale? Im going off the deep end and they all will take my money and my meat!  🤣🍻

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

Im going off the deep end and they all will take my money and my meat!  🤣🍻

Just make them take your meat, brother.  There's some satisfaction in that, all by itself...  :thumbup::hump::banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, sketch said:

damn im watching more and more vids you got some good bark on those ribs! Im using the gmg apple and gold for starting. gotta breakin the taste buds slow and low.. I do have some items on order like the cover and a rack. grabbed up the rotisserie set up and this grill. Last one for 6 months so i said f it! There is a pizza oven wtf!! 🤑🤑🤑🤑🍻🍻

Pizza oven is next for me 

9 hours ago, unforgiven said:

^^ I have to check that out

1 hour ago, Radioactive said:

Ooooooooh I want an outdoor wood fired pizza oven!

https://greenmountaingrills.com/products/new-parts/accessories/wood-fired-pizza-attachment/

sets right over your burner pot, I’m waiting for the pizza peels to come back in stock, the reC tech Guys realized they work on their grills on their forum and fucked bought everything up lol. My buddy has one you can seer streaks in cast iron on it too