• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

1 hour ago, jtallen83 said:

Hell yes, that looks good! That is the exact seasoning I use on steak, maybe some blue cheese crumbles on a leaner cut.

When I asked dirk how to do tritip that’s what he told me for seasoning. I’ve smoked enough Tri tip with other seasonings to realize that’s beef favorite combo, I do like to mix it up some times but basic is also good too! 

yes I like some gorgonzola sauce too

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Montreal steak seasoning is a standby. Saves you mixing garlic powder, pepper and salt. The magic three. I will add paprika and sometimes adobo and chili powder if I want a south of the border flavor. Picking up my half a cow tomorrow, my half a pig next week.

14 minutes ago, DNP said:

I’m not sure how you guys do it up north, but I try to use the heaviest comforter possible. 

Do you pull it up over you both, and snuggle  - or are you trying to put it over her face, without her noticing?  She's GONNA NOTICE, brother.  I"m just sayin'...  

10 hours ago, DNP said:

I’ve been using the Dutch oven technique for years. It has never resulted in the wife baking me a loaf of bread. You’ll have to share your secret. 

You go under the comforter and say “mmmmm! Nice hot buns! Mind if I butter them up?” You get punched or you get laid.

3 hours ago, washguy said:

WOW You have outdone yourself ! That is what fried to a golden crispness is ! What kinda fish?   :banana:  Wash

This is Lake Superior Whitefish. I alternate Lake Trout and Whitefish. Both good but each has a unique taste. Made extra so lunch today was a fish sandwich on sourdough bread.

Edited by Sisco

18 minutes ago, Sisco said:

This is Lake Superior Whitefish. I alternate Lake Trout and Whitefish. Both good but each has a unique taste. Made extra so lunch today was a fish sandwich on sourdough bread.

That bar I met you at for dinner used to do whitefish on Friday, no one else around services it. I’d like to go up to Green Bay and ice fish them 

Come on up this summer and I will take you open water jigging for them. Just got to get through this virus crud. I bought an electric deep fryer and buy direct from a commercial fisherman when I don’t catch them myself. I am getting spoiled with this farm to table economy up here.