• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Longest Wait Ever!

planeflyer21

Lothar Walther is STILL holding out on my prototype barrel, which is coming up on 2 years of being in the works. I have been offered my money back 3 times now, and I refuse to get anything less out of my deal than the barrel I ordered. It will happen, and if it proves to be as good as I'm thinking it will be, it will become a standard profile for LW and I will be building rifles with them.

The bikini scope cover is one of the see-thru types.  And the battery was close to dead, and I've killed it in less than 5 minutes (I hope).

Of course the scope has that wonderful unconditional guarantee, so if there is an issue I can send it back no issues.

The FFP is f-awesome!  Was scoping some doves out at about 150 yards, cranked it from 4x up to the 16x...very clear.  As good or better than the Leupold Vari-X Tactical I had, and it only went to 12x.

I'll check it out in the dark for clarity in a few hours.

Jon

Thanks Rene!

Ok...battery works fine.  Apparently on Vortex PSTs you need to use a penny to CRANK that battery lid down!  No NcStar crap here.  The lid has an o-ring around the outer edge for a seal and a rubber washer type ring about this big >o< in the center of it.  Apparently that needs to be squashola-ed compressed to maintain constant contact.

It works very well in the city dark of our neighborhood.  Was watching palm frawns flutter in the wind.

It will be in bed with me tonight.  When the dark gets scary, the reticle will come on to comfort me.

Jon

Thanks Rene!

Ok...battery works fine.  Apparently on Vortex PSTs you need to use a penny to CRANK that battery lid down!  No NcStar crap here.  The lid has an o-ring around the outer edge for a seal and a rubber washer type ring about this big >o< in the center of it.  Apparently that needs to be squashola-ed compressed to maintain constant contact.

It works very well in the city dark of our neighborhood.  Was watching palm frawns flutter in the wind.

It will be in bed with me tonight.  When the dark gets scary, the reticle will come on to comfort me.

Jon

I noticed that with mine to went to sight in the other and it was dead cranked it down and boom let there be light