• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun show gouge

BigP623

I went the the Reno, NV gun show yesterday. This is a regular trip for me. I live so far from my father that this is one of the few times I get to hang out with him. I don't usually buy anything. I never sell anything. For me it's like going to a ball game. I get to see and enjoy my favorite hobby.

.22 ammo was about $20 per box of 50 and averaged $75 per bulk box.

Magazines were so obnoxious that I eventually stopped looking. A guy wanted $75 for a Sig P220 magazine. I bought the same magazine from the same guy last year... For $39!!!

30rnd PMAGs averaged $30, and the metal mags were $20-$30. LR-20 pmags were insanely priced $75-$90

I was upset with the entire event....

On the flip side, bolt action and lever action guns were being sold at GREAT prices. I almost bought a new Ruger M77, but I was holding out for a Mossy MVP or the Ruger GSR. My old man grabbed a marlin in 45-70 recently. That is his newest toy.

At my LGS he is up some on the price of 22 but not nuts like yall describe, I bought centurion 22 500ct high velocity for $23 where he has it on the shelf for $37, I think Eley sport was also $37, Aguila was $49 and didn't even look at the CCI. These crazy prices are being created on the retail end, his cost has gone up very little.

Gun show in town this weekend here in Tampa.

A regular customer stopped in after he left the show to pay off his layaway S&W 624 and told me the prices were all over the place, but generally down from the recent highs.

He scored 30 round PMags for $15 apiece.

This is encouraging.

I haven't been to any gun shows around here mainly for this reason, not going to pay stupid prices they are suppose to be a place for deals. All the gun shops and places that carry ammo around here are fairly priced still what 100 packs of CCI 22lr I've found have been 9-14$.

I was at a Walmart in west milwaukee wed for its grand opening (I've gotta be on site In case of any issues) I checked out their ammo case, it was pretty much empty 400rounds of Winchester 22 a few boxes of 380 and a few boxes of rifle shells

Gun show in town this weekend here in Tampa.

A regular customer stopped in after he left the show to pay off his layaway S&W 624 and told me the prices were all over the place, but generally down from the recent highs.

He scored 30 round PMags for $15 apiece.

This is encouraging.

It was still weird pricewise on some things. reloading powder was pretty normal prices ($28/lb) but primers were close to 4x retail - $100 per 1000. Other stuff varied in terms of how bad the pricing was, but it was better than past ones.

hi guys serious gouging...yesterday at Dallas gun show 5.7 ammo 50 round box

125.00......I laffed in the guys face! really? are you kidding me? Wash

I'm glad I skipped that one.  I was going to go, but I had to send more of my hard-earned money to the government.

I too have a 5.7 and have held on to the ammo I have instead of paying outrageous prices to replace it.  I went to a show in Mesquite a month or so ago and saw a few boxes for $55 - only about 2.5X what they should be.

That's nuts. Just picked some up at Cabelas for $9 two weeks ago.

This was at a Family owned shop. I even think $9 is to high for the CCI mini mags, these were like $6 and change at W-mart before December's bullpoopy. I'm a cheap bastard and stubborn, I will never pay these prices for .22lr. I'll fuckin throw rocks for shits and giggles. :yup:

Edited by george_995

This was at a Family owned shop. I even think $9 is to high for the CCI mini mags, these were like $6 and change at W-mart before December's bullpoopy. I'm a cheap bastard and stubborn, I will never pay these prices for .22lr. I'll fuckin throw rocks for shits and giggles. :yup:

I like that brother,way to go.Rocks will leave a mark. :))