• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 9/7/2021 at 4:42 PM, Steve crawford said:

Ordered from Primary Arms in Houston.  Five ASC 20 round stainless steel mags that fit the DPMS LR-308 (13.99 ea.) AND  a  Rock River Arms 2 stage trigger($99.99).  It will have about 4.5 to5 lbs. of pull.  He said he uses them in one of his rifles.  I think I should wait a month or two before I buy anything else for my rifle.  My wife is starting to give me one of those looks when she hears me on the phone ordering gun stuff.  🙄🙄🙄  :bitchslap::bitchslap::bitchslap:

teve  

Be prepared to replace it, they have had known issues of failure in the casting process. There are definitely better out there close to the price, LaRue being one of them. Just a heads up

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Jesus; that URL!!!

-----------------------------------------------

P90 mag for the electric build. 

A springco orange spring (from the same place to "save" on shipping). Seems like that is actually an outstanding issue with my Ceratac build. I kind of worked around it way back... But when I went to shoot it again recently, I realized I had released the scope to re-torque it too (no accidents). Now I can't find my feeler gauges to torque the mounts neat and straight. Soon though.

Have been able to stock up on more factory .308 ammo recently. Planning to once fire the brass, clean, prep; and then sort it. Date code on the box seems to indicate it should all be LC 21 LR; and mostly from the same manufacture date even. Saw a good amount of hunting ammo appear in a local store recently, which had been bare for months.

Contacted @CRracer912 about the spring from that Ceratac build that happened right after mine; but that spring was replaced already. I can only assume it was the same, and also bad (but can't prove it yet). Ceratac stopped selling that kit a while back anyway; so there won't be many "new" ones to compare with.

From my quick calculations, the spring it came with binds by about 1" in depth. The buffer could NEVER hit the back of the tube as a result. Will post back in the original topic when I get all the details worked out. Orange one should be here later this week...

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Don't want anybody to miss anything...   :banana:

I don't really know what it all means... I've been out of the loop for a bit. I know you used Firefox. But WT F is EI? Or OG? 

&client=firefox-b-1-d

&ei=Uls4Ya_YLLP09AOFyruAAw

&oq=RRA+2-stage+trigger+problems

&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeOgcIABBHELADOgkIABDJAxAWEB5KBAhBGABQqIcBWKmjAWD4tgFoAXACeACAAa0BiAHBC5IBAzAuOZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ

&sclient=gws-wiz

&ved=0ahUKEwivyez74u7yAhUzOn0KHQXlDjAQ4dUDCA4

&uact=5

Edited by Lane
It's really all good. Just extracting the "stuff" for all. Pants down hug for this I'm sure.

I read several of the threads.  Learned a lot.  Much more to learn.  Seems that FCG are a lot like stock extensions, recoil springs, and buffers.  A lot of things can cause trouble. Not the least of which is QC and design flaws.  A lot of the post I read showed people not knowing that a change of one part can cause trouble with another ( i.e.  grip screw to long can touch FCG from the bottom causing a failure).  Newby's first try at a 80% lower may cause trouble with safety.  Also, not knowing how the parts inter act and blame one thing for trouble when it could not cause the trouble. SO MUCH TO LEARN SO LITTLE TIME.  Looks like RRA may have some QC or design trouble.  Also saw people not having trouble after thousands of rounds.  My parts have shipped from Primary Arms this morning so I may have to just return the trigger.  I hate to do this when it was my bad for being in a hurry and not waiting to hear back from the guys here.  I will look at the Larue site and decide what I will do.  Thanks for all of your help.   😕😕😕

Steve