• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Connected immediately to a camera app i'd already had on my tablet.

I have more than a few of these USB camereas (that aren't scopes); with all the same light, and camera, and even same connectors. My device still crashes/reboots every time I try any of them. I guess I need to buy a new one. 

Although; the Teslong app doesn't even show up in my Google Play store for android. So. Somethings off there. It works well with USB OTG radio devices. I guess it just got pigeon-holed. 

Going to need a new Android tablet for using with USB cams for sure. Wasn't on my shopping list, but it is now...

46 minutes ago, Lane said:

Glad you figured it out. The focus on that could be adjust a bit better, 1-2 turns perhaps. It's also easier to "see" the metal if it's not oiled up. Run a dry patch or two. (also; different calibers can be viewed more cleanly with different focus. It's really that sensitive. I'll post up some specs on both the Teslong and the Depstech when I get a chance. The focal length and the field of view angle are both different between them by a decent margin.

Bet you have a lot more barrels to show us. And the dirty ones are more interesting than clean. Don't be afraid to show off a little. Bet others would appreciate it too. Show us something with corrosion pits. Something well used. 

I'll check some more tomorrow if i get time.. probably start a thread to keep this one from being derailed. i shoulda took that bolt out and blew all that brass shavings off.

7 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Y'all get one of these bull$hit cards trying to bribe a good review?

Nope. Saw none of that. The actual reviews do occasionally mention that kind of nonsense. 

No free amazon for me.

36 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

the card was inside the Depstech box itself 

I don't think I got that at all. I am sorry I didn't explain the blue "hue" to belt_fed; but no extra nonsense in my box. Just a scope.

1 hour ago, Lane said:

I don't think I got that at all. I am sorry I didn't explain the blue "hue" to belt_fed; but no extra nonsense in my box. Just a scope.

I got the extra nonsense today in my destech box.  So many of these dang things require logins, passwords, alternate emails, security codes, enough to drive ya bonkers.  I spent an hour trying to login into my long ago used hotmail account for the Microsoft Windows 7 file from Destech.  Finally after checking the alternate email for the security code, Microsoft let me log in and then the damn thing tells me Windows 7 is not supported or that I have to register my device.  Screw that.  I googled and found out that Windows Movie maker works with these cameras.  Maybe BeltFed, you would go that route.  I just put the scope down my barrel and she works good.  I see some bad copper spots.  Later in a controlled manner I will chart were the spots are. I kind of want to see what the backside of my extension lugs look like and that will require some weird twisting actions.

It would be really interesting to see what my stomach looks like.  How can you stop gag reflex? Medical answers only are allowed, I know how you guys might respond.

1 hour ago, sketch said:

non gag from rhe rear. butt you knew that already.. 

Ha ha ha, that is horrible, not expected.  Ok change subjects, Wish those barrel makers would use a little finesse and drill the gas port inbetween the lands.  My gas port is clipped halfway on a land, Now I know thanks to Destech.  Gonna flood my barrel with copper solvent this weekend.  

I know the answer to the gasport placement, nothing to do with rifling “phase”, maybe the Best in the world barrels do take that into account, I don’t know.

Edited by DustBuster

41 minutes ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Nice! The Federal Automatch? That's what I grabbed the other day while at wallysmart 

Guess I should actually read the box. 325 rnds not 333. Yes Federal Automatch. Just so surprised they had anything in the case at all. They don't even have shotshell.

1 hour ago, shooterrex said:

Not being shipped but Walmart had 333rnd box's of the 22lr for $18.00

Only let me buy 3. So almost another thousand rnds of rimfire for $60 after tax. 6 cents a round is a bargin now.

Nice; I found these at one of my local stores today too, and they have a limit of 4 boxes. So I got four.

Then I drove to 4 other wal-mart stores, as often at least one of them gets the same thing. Unfortunately only found CCI .22s at one store; and they had a 2 box limit. Better than none; though it was still probably a waste of gas.

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

Damn enablers

I hate enabling walmart but....... IF a person were to take up say 20 minutes of the dept. mangers time with these little purchases I would bet walfart actually losses money on the transaction...... you can even say you changed your mind as you get to the register, decided to wait and see what they get in tomorrow. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I hate enabling walmart but....... IF a person were to take up say 20 minutes of the dept. mangers time with these little purchases I would bet walfart actually losses money on the transaction...... you can even say you changed your mind as you get to the register, decided to wait and see what they get in tomorrow. :thumbup:

I won't get too deep into it; I'm not a walmart fan either. The problem here has been IF things are on the shelf elsewhere; prices are way out of line. In NY we are also limited in who will ship ammo to the doorstep (most online retailers will not). I know some smaller shops nearby need to pay rent; but I'd rather someone else get stuck with 50 round boxes of .22lr for $13.99 plus tax (and up). Target Sports will ship to NY; but they want $0.12 a round for Remington Thunderbolt .22s in 500 packs.

Have not seen bulk .22s anywhere else on the shelf at all. I'm hopeful that seeing walmart stock is a sign though; that supplies will become more available, and retail prices will drop. Still haven't seen small rifle primers in a long time; and the last box of large rifle I bought was $75... Shiit sandwich either way.

was in town today for combine parts, so stoped at wall mart (not a fan) to ask about .410 shells. the clerk said they didn't have any but pointed his little machine at the tag below where the shells would have been on the shelf. he read his machine and said he expected to get three boxes of .410 shells in 2027. been doing a little rabbit, pigon hunting on sunday evenings